What is the Rotary Status for the laser?

Andrew, Josh, and I had talked about ordering the two alternatives from CloudRay. Is this still happening?

Did you guys come to a decision? Parts ordered?

@sixvolts Were you able to order everything?

Bump. We have not had a functional rotary since at least October.
@sixvolts @JoshW @Tapper

This is not a purchasing problem, so Tapper, please disregard.

People have use the rotary since October it has just been a significant source of recurring problems with hardware and software. I personally made a dozen mugs in March with the new rotary after we bought it just to understand the process and it’s issues.

Parts are on order to fix things, but we are rebuilding them to work reliably and it is not going to be a “buy it and it works” kind of thing.

has there been any progress on this? Do we have a working Rotary yet? Its been a bit since I have been up to the space. I need to get back up there.

1 Like

I’m hoping we can get some of the new parts assembled this weekend at laser maintenance. I will update the thread with the progress.

@sixvolts according to the calender maintence and meeting day is next weekend the 8th of september I think this was done in consideration of the holiday weekend. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

You’re right, forgot about that. I hope to see something rotating by then.

Looking forward to seeing the update on this. DT

2 Likes

“What is the Rotary Status for the laser?”

Rotary Lasers … hmm sounds like a Hatcher’s Armory Project … haha

We started the repair process at last meeting its a work in progress waitng on some more parts and time from key volunteers.

Patiently waiting :persevere:

Any updates on projected completion date?

1 Like

Progress

7 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for update. So maybe back up for use by holidays? (some gifts I’d like to do)

Back in time for gift season sounds like a good goal.

What’s left is to check the microstepping, I’m not sure what it should be but its probably wrong, securely mounting the stepper driver and putting strain relief on the cable. I didn’t see the Lemo connectors, but if they’re in then those should probably be put on too.

It wasn’t working on one of the lasers, my guess is the connector at the laser side is broken.

1 Like

I have a rolling pin that could be practiced on :slight_smile:

1 Like

Donner has been unable to work with the rotary a few months after we got it.

@michaelb will we have 2 functioning rotaries?

Thanks for the effort you have put in.

1 Like