Weekly Roleplaying Game

Count Kimberly and myself in for Thursday at 8pm.

We’re always down for Pathfinder, OD&D, and anything related to Lovecraft, Dragonlance, or Ravenloft.

Okay, howsabout we all meet Thursday at 7:00 pm to talk about which games we want to play and finalize which night we will play on?

Do we need to reserve a room to have the discussion? If so, how do I go about it? (I’m still new to the Makerspace.)

1 Like

That would be a good time for Allison and I. I don’t know what we’d need for a space.

Sign into calendar.dallasmakerspace.org then click on submit an event to fill out the form.

1 Like

Lonestar game expo was fun. Played 3 Starfinder and one Pathfinder.
Space battles in starfinder rock.

Also learned about the pathfinder society. Joining a new Pathfinder campaign this month.

Thursday good.
We can meet in the breakroom?

Hey Greg how was your Starfinder campaign?
Bones

Meeting in the break room sounds fine to me. So, 7:00pm at the Makerspace break room.

Bones-
It was pretty fun, though we haven’t gotten to some of the meatier sci-fi-fi stuff yet.

Sounds good, Allison and I will be there.

Sorry i couldn’t make the meeting last night. What came of it?

1 Like

My girlfriend will not be able to join us on the campaign. Hopefully this won’t be a problem.
Bones

I reserved space in the interactive classroom for our 11/16 game at 7:00.
Hope that’s ok with everyone.

Bones

1 Like

What kind of game/campaign did y’all decide?

Did it go up on the calendar?

Don’t know yet. Just did it yesterday.
Bones

We’ll be running dnd 5e, and Greg was going to have us go through Sunless Citadel in the yawning portal

1 Like

Nice. Will characters be able to come and go? I’m not sure I’ll be able to make every session

1 Like

We have the interactive classroom.

Bones

1 Like

So, if all of the players are cool with it, I’m cool with players coming and going if they can’t make it for a session. In that case, I usually try to make sure I have a minimum number of players on hand to proceed. (So, for a group of 7 players, I’d want 4 on hand to play for the evening, and so on.)

If you really won’t be able to make it very often, I can have some pregens made up so you can play for a session, without the angst that might come with having a fully built out character that you can’t play very often.

So, as for the game itself, we will be playing the Sunless Citadel as written up in Tales from the Yawning Portal for 5E. Everyone starts at level 1.

As a GM, here are my house rules. They’re brief.

1. Have fun. Help each other have fun.

2. No bullying. Be considerate.

3. GM rulings will stand till after the session, when we can (and should) look up the proper rule(s) for a situation.

4. Unless there is a strenuous objection, I prefer the less detailed version of encumbrance as outlined on page 176 of the Player’s Handbook (Lifting and Carrying).

5. If there’s a problem, bring it up with me. I’m happy to talk before or after a session, online or offline.

6. I don’t penalize people if they can’t make it to a session.

7. If you can’t make it, don’t feel bad, but do let me know as soon as you reasonably can.

8. Props, hats, wands, and funny voices are encouraged.

3 Likes

Sorry previous post not clear.
Next Thursday we have classroom. Tomorrow still planning to meet in breakroom.

Bones

Next Thursday we have classroom

Smashing. I’ve RSVP but count on one other to join.