Volunteers needed June 1&2 2019- Now not on a holiday

My partner and I would be more than happy to lend our hands if you need people!

3 Likes

Thank you! We will be meeting in the common room at 10am on 6/1

1 Like

Iā€™m there on Saturday for a class, so Iā€™ll help out where I can

1 Like

The floor scraping is much more physically demanding than laying the new floor. People can typically tolerate only short durations of scraping. I would encourage as many people as possible to show up early on Saturday so more people can take short turns at the scraping.

2 Likes

I can attest to that. Been there done that & got the T-shirt a long time ago.

1 Like

Third this point, if anyone has some vibration/shock gloves that can extend the time on the scraper by a while.

I should be able help one or both of those days and can bring my gloves.

1 Like

You do understand that this is just a blade on a stick ā€¦

I have a floor scraper, Iā€™ll bring it with me. What time are we starting on Saturday?

10am Iā€™ll bring donuts

Yes, I have one at the house. Mine is metal and what I found was when I was scraping the floor, I would hit a stubborn bit, the scraper would come to a complete stop, and the vibration that would reverberate up the metal handle would eventually make my hands go numb. The vibration gloves helped with that.

1 Like

They rent oscillating floor scrapersā€¦ Just FYI. May be worth looking into.

1 Like

I looked at Home Depot and couldnā€™t find one

Maybe even worth a while to get blades for the multi-tools & try them. I will loan mine out for the task if someone wants to give it a go. Iā€™d offer to help scrape, but we have our committee meeting that day & I have to get the briskets going later that night.

These blades for the multi-tool.

1 Like

I lied, they do rent them at Home Depot. We will see how bad it is and go from there but yes, all the tool help given will be appreciated.

Please for the love of all that is holy rent this.

Its $86 per day with $100 deposit, no hurt backs and people.

2 Likes

Man, I totally thought that was going to be a different kind of stripper.

3 Likes

Who has dibbs on running the power tools? @BarkingChicken if we need to can we?

1 Like

Stand back, little lady and let the men handle the power tools.

(Quickly runs and hides from Lara!!!)

:clown_face:

Iā€™m going to just say thereā€™s no ā€œif we need toā€. Just do it.

2 Likes

Pā€™shaw, I know what a doohickey does. I want to do handstands on the handlebars. I wonā€™t, canā€™t and wouldnā€™t but thatā€™s what I see when I see it.