Volunteers needed June 1&2 2019- Now not on a holiday

Now not on a holiday- hoping to get more volunteers.

5 Likes

FYI: https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/12161

Iā€™m ok with this we donā€™t have time to push further back.

Maybe link the two ā€¦ special desserts for X minutes of assistance.

Thatā€™s a good idea!

I will be there to help June 1 and possible 2.

I also have a miter saw I can bring, however I havenā€™t used it in a while and it has some rust on it now :frowning: hoping I can clean it up and itā€™s not ruined.

2 Likes

Watching the installation video it shows we can just score the planks and cut. @talkers did you actually need a mitre saw?

What flooring is it?

I can help on the 1st and 2nd.

2 Likes

Lifeproof Sterling Oak - same as interactive. https://www.homedepot.com/p/LifeProof-Sterling-Oak-8-7-in-x-47-6-in-Luxury-Vinyl-Plank-Flooring-20-06-sq-ft-case-I966106L/300699284

1 Like

When you order it, be advised that Dallas Makerspace has an account that will allow you to get it tax free (or if they have it in stock anyone with a Military ID can get it for 10% off of the price which is slightly less than the tax exemption).

You canā€™t charge things to the account, just get the tax exemption.

Seeing Bertā€™s post reminds me ā€¦ you might want to book the Common Room for the entire weekend and put this on the calendar.

2 Likes

Good idea! Just booked it.

I was under the impression that CA was planning to install flooring after the Common Room contents have been moved to The New Worldā„¢. Having to shuffle the tables around will greatly lengthen the time needed to do the project.

Iā€™ll be there to help. I put s good deal of the flooring in interactive. Itā€™s very simple.

3 Likes

Weā€™ve been told it will be vacated by then.

The scrapers would be to room the carpeting. I personally prefer fire, but itā€™s a challenge logistically.

We did use the miter saw extensively. The planks are thick, plus have some soft padding that you would have to cut thru.

Get a high tooth count blade.

To access the DMS account at HD, have them look it up as a tax exempt org. They can find it by our phone number.
214-699-6537.

Then no need to reserve the vacant room on the calendar.

The saw made quick and straight cuts. Both are good things.

Take along a business card.

I respectfully disagree. People may want to eat in there because itā€™s during the backyard barbecue.

3 Likes

I reserved the room just in case- it should be empty but I could see it becoming a picnic area.

3 Likes