UPDATED Color Coding For Committees

As we all know, at least those that have been here for a least a week, the Space is either haunted and poltergeists move and hide our tools, or we are at some magic crossing point for ley-lines where tools sprout legs and wings and move about and hide themselves throughout the Space. It couldn’t be because someone didn’t put it back.

CURRENT COLORS CHOSEN

• Automotive is: Green
  • Black Smithing Black]
  • Digital Media is Orange
  • Machine Shop is: Blue
  • Light Blue
  • CA is: Bright Pink
  • 3D Fab is Gold and Silver Striped
  • Laser is Red
  • Metal Shop is IOrangeI with black bands
  • Logistics is White (White)
  • Hatcher’s is Metallic Brass
  • Fired Arts is a Brown Pebble
  • Electronics Yellow
  • Wood Shop powermatic "gold/yellow"
  • Science Light Green
  • Classroom @Bill Purple
  • Print Making Checker board B&W
  • Jewelry & Small Metals is Turquoise
  • PR - Not Needed, will engrave the few items they have or may acquire.
  • GlassWorks Deep Dark Red Dark Red Not this Red, don’t know pallet name
  • Vector is BlueYellow

UNDECIDE

• Digital Media is Orange
  • Infrastructure @StanSimmons ??
  • VECTOR @rablack97 ??
  • VCC “Undecided” or “Barcode”

What colors are the other committees laying claim to? Let me know and send a picture of the color. I’ll send out to all committee chairs so we are in agreement then I’ll compile a chart, laminate them and post around the Space. This way, they wayward tools may better make their way home.

Engraving is also a good way but color can be seen from a distance.

Thanks

12 Likes

Glass Works and Print Making need to add their colors and any committee that isn’y listed.

@meanbaby and 20 characters

1 Like

So few colors left.
May GlassWorks have a deep dark red if laser will agree to a bright red, or vice versa?
Thank you
Anita

Brooks is no longer a member as far as I am aware

David, please change that to @StanSimmons. Brooks hasn’t been a member for a while, and hasn’t been Infra chair for over a year.

1 Like

Done. Have a choice of color?

Possible for metal to get something other than Grey? We can’t coat our tools or supplies since, well, everything is already grey :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not sure there is a need for Infrastructure to have a color. If we do, then probably Black, to match the color of our hearts. :wink:

Oops, I see that Blacksmithing has Black. I don’t think Infra needs one, we don’t have many tools, just PC’s and Monitors.

1 Like

Pick a color. I’ll change in the list.

Printmaking is probably going to be either b&w checkerboard or zebra stripes. We’re still figguring it out…

2 Likes

VCC wants bars codes, checkers would be easier to tell apart but stripes easier to use, unless not B&W stripes.

Your choice, just an observation.

Orange with a Black Band if Digital Media takes orange; if not, then just orange.

Cheers,
-Jim

Done - It shows as Orange Band - above something like this: image

I’m pretty sure blacksmithing is purple. @EthanWestern

Blacksmithing is Definitely purple

Ah yes, the refined art of Purplesmithing

3 Likes

just testing, using dark red as a test color.

EDIT: yep, you can insert the color=tag with the 6 digit hex code for the color of choice. That dark red is 800000.
http://www.color-hex.com/

1 Like

Classroom is purple unless John wants to switch to something else.

The backsmithing hammers are wrapped in purple. That’s why I mentioned it.