UPDATED Color Coding For Committees

Light Blue is Available since RC is no longer there.

Printmaking will be taking black and white checkerboard.

1 Like

Did anyone claim yellow with Crime Scene written on it yet :t_rex:

3 Likes

https://tinyurl.com/ya7vfdpe

2 Likes

Blacksmithing was Purple before I was a chair and all our tools are already painted, I believe Blacksmithing was using Purple long before class room. Honestly I donā€™t think we will have any over lap so Iā€™d be willing to share the color.

1 Like

Barcodes could get reallly interesting. We could have a couple of scanner kiosks to scan tools and indicate their home. How very many times Iā€™ve passed by a stray tool at 4 in the morning and lamented that I would return it home if only I was certain where that was. A committee name and crappy cell phone picture would do the job.

Yeah this can buy us much additional colorspace. There are many pairs of committees whose tools would not be mistaken for each othersā€™.

Vector will take light blue and yellow striped for ease of identification and since all of the easy colors are already taken.

Blue and Yellow

2 Likes

@Bill Light Purple (Violet like) and Deep Purple? Who wants to be Who?

@talkers is classroom chair

Deep purple works for Blacksmithing

1 Like

Theme song ā€œSmoke on the forgeā€?

1 Like

Reviving this ancient thread because we were discussing it in metal shop and on Discord infra chat. Randy and I didnā€™t know metal shops color so I asked and was linked to this thread. Grey is a really bad color for tools because it is what most tools are colored. I have no idea what ā€œCamoā€ color is.

Committee chairs, please let us know the current color you are using. Metal shop is still blue. Auto is still green.
These colors make sense because when looking at a wrench you can tell whoā€™s it is.

Metal shop keeps losing tools and they arenā€™t marked because no one knew what the color was. Also blacksmithing being black is also ridiculous. It blends with the tools.

2 Likes

Creative Arts is pink. Glassworks is using yellow, which is (I think) also Electronics. With the exception of soldering tools, there shouldnā€™t be much overlap. Ceramics has never really had a color. I was chair when we did this, and I had a roll of ā€œpebbleā€ duct tape that I was using for marking our stuff. Itā€™s long been used up, though, and most of the ā€œspecialā€ duct tape colors donā€™t get re-made.

Iā€™m assuming that ā€œCamoā€ is the classic green and brown version, not the digitized. You can usually find camo in duct tape.

The statement about blacksmithing being black was a mistake I think.

Machine Shop is still blue.

I agree with Tailsā€™ post above. I think I am going to use orange for metal shop. But I think this list should be made more visible to newer members. It helps with the tool walkoff problem

2 Likes

I think that the color coding of tools helps in 2 ways. Yes, it should notify the user that the tool Is Not Theirs. And, 2, when finding random tools around DMS, it helps relocate the tool to the correct area. Iā€™ve picked up any number of color-coded tools from the Lost and Found and put them back in the correct area.

1 Like

Printmaking is black and white checkerboard