Type of RFID chips used for DMS?

My wife is going to have some surgery next week and her doctor is willing to implant an RFID chip at the same time.

We were curious what particular kind of RFID chip is being used for the DMS doors.

She found this resource for acquisition:

And between the xEM or the xNT products there, I’m not positive which of those will work, or if maybe it’d be neither, or both.

Alternately, if anyone can recommend a different source for implantable RFID chips, I’m more than glad to hear about it.

• Jason

I know it is 125 kHz. Mitch @themitch22 should be able to fill you in…

1 Like

Some info here
https://dallasmakerspace.org/2016/01/five-cyborgs-and-counting-rfid-nfc-implants-biohacking-at-dallas-makerspace/

and also here

and yeah, Mitch should be a veritable fount of info. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mitch and some other are chipped"

Curious, how do this react to MRI’s, CAT scans etc. I would think and MRI would do nasty things to it.

EM4100/T5577 125KHz 26bit

2 Likes

Also @Haley_Moore @KrissyHeishman

One of my favorite stories is after the news piece that featured a few of our members that had the implant, a young man came in to check the place out. After the tour he asked me if the implant was mandatory.

Caught me so off guard I didn’t even think to mess with him a little. Regrets.

13 Likes

Thanks, folks! She ordered her chip this morning!

Definitely the EM. I know some of the folks had their implant tag’s ID entered into MakerManager but I went a different route. I believe I detailed it in a post on this forum but in summary, the AT5577 in the tags emulates the Em4x00, (and HID, and others) and it seems every tag maker uses the same default vendor write code, which the $12 RFID writer I bought from China also uses. So I just cloned my DMS tag into my implant, et voila! :slight_smile: I have multiple implanted tags and rewrite them frequently.

Cool doctor, btw.

The conspiracy folks are so afraid of those
chips, They KNOW that the government will
use them to track their movement!

1 Like

thats… not how RFID works…

I know and I keep trying to explain it to them

1 Like

They could if someone wanted to badly enough. The RFID tags we use are not suitable for tracking because of the short range. A more powerful reader can detect them beyond close proximity, but still not likely to be practical.

Consider the case of the toll collection tags. If a city is intent on tracking vehicles, it can install readers at intersections. Automated license plate scanners would be more effective because not everyone has a tolling tag.

The EM4100 format tags that we use have a maximum range of 1 meter… and that is if we were to deploy huge power hungry readers. Implanted tags would likely be about half that range.

1 Like

The chips they use in pets are inserted between the shoulder blades,
But they will sometimes migrate from there, It is why that pets will be
scanned multiple times and in various areas looking for them

If I remember what I was reading about them that to be read at a distance
you need some type of battery/power supply and an antenna,

all we really need is a massively redundant array of RFID scanners operating in tandem/parallel to download their short-range scans of passers-by to a central database/server so that WHEN you pass by, your RFID device [cell phone, door card, credit card, body implant] is beaconed out and collated…
Wonder where such a massive array of RFID scanners and computing power might exist? I mean, it’s not as if EVERY store we walk into has RFID scanners at the door, or anything…

(more seriously, MOST people already have their smart phone, and some sort of GPS on it, and Google’s already tracking where THAT is to provide services we all love, so there’s little need for this. Also, those license plate scanners scare the huey out of me and are irritating).

Most stores still use resonant anti-theft tags.

Even if you have geolocation turned off, your carrier can still determine your location by triangulating the signal strength at three different cell towers.

1 Like

And then they sell/trade that data to Google.