RFID Implants and Biohacking Class 9/19 12pm-1pm

I have a few people interested in getting RFID or NFC implants into their hands, to play with or have for convinient access control and other uses.

The goal of the class is to go over questions about implanting RFID or NFC tags in your hands, any risks, and some benefits.

I would like to get a group of people that want to buy a kit and we can go to a professional body piercing/modification place to have them done.

Dangerous things has programmable NFC tags

And also RFID 125khz EM4202 that works with the Dallas Makerspace RFID door readers.

@william_petefish has both NFC and RFID tags in his hands, so I hope to have him answer some questions about the process.

I haven’t scheduled the class yet. It most likely will be the Saturday after Open House. I will schedule a time with a body piecing professional so that we can get them done, I can include the cost of the kit with a class so I can pre-order the kits if you want. That might be limited to 5 people, so I am just asking if anyone is interested.

I know there are a lot of people that thing the government or hackers will track them, etc but this is completely up to you, I think it is pretty awesome to have a programmable access code conveniently implanted in my hand. It makes a cool party trick as well.

Eventbrite link https://www.eventbrite.com/e/rfid-implants-and-biohacking-tickets-18303577493

It may be interesting to find out whether an implanted RFID chip will create problems going through customs at the airport along the lines of what a war veteran with shrapnel in his body deals with at metal detectors.

I’ve been through airports a few times with an implanted tag without incident. It’s my understanding that even the handheld detectors won’t pick it up, but I’m not a fan of interrogation or body cavity searches so I never asked them to scan my hand despite being a bit curious.

I was actually wondering about the RFID system they may or may not be using to read the chip in passports, not your chip setting off a metal detector. Perhaps the passport chip works on a different frequency?.

Next time you’re at the Vet, have them scan ya.

A web search reveals that the RFID chip in U.S. passports operate at 13.56 MHz, so no interference from a DMS compatible one.

Hi my name is Ryan Mills and I believe I’m the one who implanted @william_petefishs NFC and RFID tags. Im a body modification artist in Addison at skin art gallery and have been implanting tags, magnets, silicon and other materials for years. Id be happy to answer any questions you might have.

2 Likes

It’s such a small amount of copper I’m pretty sure its undetectable. I also
think it’s not ferrous so you’d be fine in an MRI.

Hey Ryan, William mentioned you did the implant. I was actually hoping to see if you would be available to do the implants. I was hoping maybe a few other people would like to come and watch.

1 Like

Id be happy to do them. Its a pretty easy straight forward process that takes about 10 mins total with the paperwork I have to do.

1 Like

So is this happening? Isn’t the open house this Saturday? Like, in two days? Or did you just mean some Saturday after a future Open House?

Open house Saturday, September 12

I am going to schedule the class the Saturday after so - September 19th.

Once it’s approved, an eventbrite ticket will be created but I’m still trying to get an estimated price for the kits so I can pre-order them if you want to do an implant, else it will just be free to watch and ask questions.

Ohhhhh! Now I get it! :slight_smile:

Thanks.

Class has been submitted, I’ll post the Eventbrite link when it’s created.

Hey guys, I got the eventbrite link.

There is 5 tickets available, The $80 covers an RFID kit (or NFC kit let me know) and the fee for @feengerz THE EVENTBRITE CLOSES ON SEPT 4TH so I can pre-order the kits.

Again this is completely up to you, if you don’t want to buy a kit you can still come to the class to ask questions and watch or just play with RFID stuff (I’m probably going to order a reader and lock kit)

Signed up. Ordered. Plan to go left hand with this.

I’d also be interested in NFC for my right hand. You know a la Revelation 13. I want to be ahead of the game :wink: I guess my forehead is always an option.

1 Like

If you want a NFC tag you can buy that separately and we can implant that one too. I want an NFC but I think I’ll wait to see how the RFID does. PM me if you want me to order something else from the dangerousthings.com site.

I have received the implant kits for the 4 people and myself that signed up, reminder that the class is from 12-1pm Saturday afternoon.

I ordered a simple RFID controller we can play with as well, I’ll also try to have a little presentation on RFID technology if you are interested.

1 Like

Hey guys, I had to bail while y’all went to Tanner. Let me know if you get what we’re looking for out of that shield. Fun class. Thanks, Ryan for the work, and thanks, Mitch for organizing.

1 Like

Oh also. These may be of interest. Programmable RFID, much smaller form factor (14g injector!) The guy had to order in bulk to get the chip he wanted, so he’s now selling them on his website.

https://cyberise.me/index.php?id_product=21&controller=product

@themitch22 @feengerz

Sorry, I don’t recall the talk ID for everyone else who showed up today and I am on mobile.

1 Like