Trebuchet Team Help

Good morning siege engine followers.

We only have a few weeks left until Slingfest 2016 and I need to supply TheLab.ms with our firing line team member list.

You will need to be available on the 30th October from 8am until around 3pm

Firing line team will consist of (up to) 8 crew members, must be over 18, sober, doesn’t mind losing a limb, yadda yadda you know the specs.

Benefits: You will have free admission to the event(savings of $5), will get a cool T-shirt from @uglyknees and will get a chance to fire a projectile hundreds of feet through the air(hopefully in a forward direction). I will probably throw in free food and drinks as well.

What more could you ask for!!

I need a list of confirmed names pronto (before the end of this week). If there is someone you know (dms member) who isn’t on talk that wants to help, please be the middleman(woman) and let me know.

Mark
Team DMS Captain

@Brandon_Green
@AlexRhodes
@MellissaRhodes
@bgangwere
@themitch22

3 Likes

I’m in. Will bring first aid kits and tourniquets. Make no be able to do much more than help manhandle the iron beast and left the concrete weights, but that’s something at least.

1 Like

Did we agree on a red shirt with black ink? If you guys let me know your size and pay me for the shirts I’ll pick them up for you and get them done so you don’t need to think about it.

I’m in as well. I’ve helped a lot with the project.

OH NOOOOO!
NOT TEH REDSHIRTZ!

4 Likes

I’m still totally down for this.

I still want to make a projectile with a camera in it some how. And we need
some ammo for the funky fling.

1 Like

Oh noooooooooo!
Possibly we should stick with blue??

Red shows better, in my opinion, but since I’m vastly unlikely to wear one of these shirts, let alone being able to be there, my opinion is moot.
I just couldn’t resist the redshirt humor left dangling in space…

When I look at the pictures from last year, I see a predominant number of blue-shirted teams.

I haven’t helped at all with this so I don’t want to take a spot from others contributing. I’m perfectly fine paying the $5 and cheering us on from the sidelines.

That being said, I’m also willing to help out day of with whatever needs to be done. And I’ll bring some food/drink to share as well. I have that day slated for this event. So excited!

1 Like

Mel, they have invited us to bring a tent to promote DMS. Why don’t you grab a couple helpers and set that up??

We could probably borrow a gazebo from blacksmithing

@uglyknees how much are the shirts? Red would hide any blood :wink:

1 Like

No neon safety lime green so we all know where we are at? Lol

I am in exactly the same position as Mell. Haven’t helped enough to take someone else’s position … but glad to be whatever help I can be. Also glad to buy my own ticket.

I’m glad to help staff the promotional tent (but I admit I’m likely to vacate the tent during actual shooting … it’s not like anyone else is going to be at the tents while there is shooting). I’m also willing to help prepare materials for the promo tent if that’s useful.

The one thing I couldn’t help with is carting around the tent/gazebo. Don’t have a suitable vehicle …

1 Like

I’m in, I haven’t helped to date, only in spirit. Be glad to be a gopher during the event.

I think the folks at The Lab added me to the list for the team.

I also obliquely volunteered the scale prototype for the middleweight class (1-5 lb projectile).

1 Like

Maybe GREEN shirts might be appropriate and an acknowledgement to honor the Prime Mover and Fabricator of this Dreadnaught. .

4 Likes

I’ve got a GoPro that I’d make available for this endeavor. I’d love to see the video results.

2 Likes

If there’s room on the team I’d like to attend. If it’s helpful I can bring cameras (DSLR and a GoPro) and a truck with two deep cycle batteries to charge the LiPo batteries used for the winch.

4 Likes

Also hard hats for anyone working on machine that day would be a good idea (probably furnish your own would be easiest, note that the green bump caps on auto shelf are not hard hats)