Transmission pull to do a rear main seal

if its possible id like to do a rear nein seal on april 14 after9 p.m… If any issues please call me at 682-202-3313. thanl you larry allred

1 Like

Unfortunately DMS facilities are first come, first served. There are no reservations or guarantees. The best way to know if facilities are available are to look at the cameras.

https://dallasmakerspace.org/cam/

Of course there is no guarantee that someone won’t show up while you are enroute.

I expect others will chime in, but I don’t beleive that Sundays at 9 PM are generally very busy, but…

AND

You should request a Green dot to get access to members-only sections of Talk. Dallas Makerspace members (primary or family/add-on) in good standing may request access to Members Only categories (e.g. #issues-requests ) by requesting a Green Dot

3 Likes

It is a first come first serve basis like oz stated and looking at the camera for availability is the correct way. But it’s usually free around that time as well as most Sundays through Wednesday every week.

1 Like

Welcome to the Makerspace Larry!

If you haven’t already, you will need to take the lift training unless you plan on not using the lift.

Is this actually still doable? Just thought I’d check – it seems like the auto camera is taking snapshots a lot more spaced out time-wise than it used to, so it’s lost a good bit of its utility wrt telling if the bay is in use or not. Wasn’t sure if that was a temporary issue or a planned thing, but they do still seem to be regular (if infrequent) so I was guessing it was an intentional change.

Eyeballing it it seems like it’s on the half-hour or so; if this was an intentional thing, every 5m or so would probably still keep it useful, I’d think. Just a suggestion.

1 Like

There is a time delay of 2 to 5 minutes on the cameras for the Makerspace again if you want to do something massive like pulling a transmission your best bet is in the mornings from 7 AM to 11 AM Sunday through Wednesday 6 AM to 10 AM, Friday and Saturdays to make sure that you’re going to use the lift for that particular job.

2 Likes

Image ( with a fresh reload ) at this writing is 2 HOURS old.

Something is not working as it should in the camera system.

2 Likes

I think it may only be one hour old, and the camera didn’t update for Daylight Savings time. But yes, even so, there seems to be something wrong there. It definitely hasn’t been updating every couple of minutes like it used to.

Edit: apologies, I’m mistaken. The current auto area photo is 37 minutes old. There’s no way to explain that via daylight savings.

I should also note that this seems the case for a number of other web-accessible cameras in the 'space as well. In fact, the only one that doesn’t have an identical timestamp is 3D1.

Went ahead and created an issue ticket for it so it can be looked at. In case y’all want to follow: https://talk.dallasmakerspace.org/t/camera-snapshots-no-longer-updating-on-schedule-4-6-24/107730

2 Likes

I was informed Sunday and Monday nights are dead and that would be a good time if I understand sam correctly