Tool status board Festool compound miter

The tool status board lists the compound miter saw as being a broken DeWalt instead of a new Festool in working order. Obviously I could update the status, but the name would still be wrong. Not sure who edits the tool board names but I think it needs changing.

paging @Team_Woodshop

Yup

There is a bunch of stuff on there that needs to be updated. Does anyone know who is the guru on the board?

Those gurus we know, are being consulted… no promises, but we’ll see if we can make a go of getting something updated. It’s not that it’s hard, it’s that it’s complicated with the shifting sands of volunteer labor forces.

2 Likes

@jast “It’s not that it’s hard, it’s that it’s complicated with the shifting sands of volunteer labor forces.”

Very, very discrete and considerate way to say it…I’m so gonna plagiarize that!

1 Like

I wrote the toolstatus scripts several years ago (originally as a placeholder til something more full-featured was completed).

It’s a simple flat-file DB with a couple of PERL scripts to display and update the status. The options for status were intentionally limited (e.g. pulldowns and radio buttons vs free form text input) to make data validation easy and minimize shenanigans.

I know how to update the lists, but I don’t know how to get access to them. If there is someone with access, I’d be glad to walk them through it.

PM me to coordinate.

Woodshop is not the only Committee with missing tools.

1 Like

@Team_Infrastructure will have to handle it. I’m pretty sure I no longer have access.

1 Like