The Moved & Improved Machine Shop

Today (Tuesday) I installed the overhead electrical power outlets located directly above the Pasma Vertical Mill and the Millport Vertical Mill. I also moved the overhead outlet for the Drill Press so the cable will now drop straight down. Then I added a strain relief to the electrical cable for the Bandsaw so it now meets building codes.

I have 3 disconnect switch boxes that will allow anyone to lock out any particular machine for safety or maintenance reasons. Tomorrow (Wednesday) I plan to install the disconnect switch boxes on the Pasma and the Millport Mills and complete their electrical wiring. If I can find a way to add a disconnect switch box to the Drill Press I will do that as well. If time I will also connect up the Vacu-Former in the Plastics area.

The Machine Shop is slowly becoming fully operational.

12 Likes

Rather than the small chip bin, maybe this would be a good use for the blue barrel of death.
Of course you’ll need a forklift to dump it!

So project 1 would be a lift rig like the ones SpaceX uses to flip stainless steel rings over down at Boca Chica.

What about a river of coolant through the foundation to carry the chips? :crazy_face:

The video should start at the right time when they’re talking about it. I never thought about the chips and disposing of them but if you’re removing a lot of material it adds up to a lot of weight and space.

3 Likes