The Mosh Pit: Post your Rage here

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

11 Likes

Being given the opportunity to say “I told you so”

2 Likes

If it’s from fresh, it is often more of a custard yellow.

hmm… not much. Especially since I’ve delligated ranting to Ill Will Press.

Captain “goody” America

2 Likes

For some reason, every time my wife takes her car to the dealer, they switch the headlights from auto to off. And you pick up the car during daylight hours, so no reason to check then. When you go out later, between daytime running lights, and the LCD instrument cluster, it isn’t that obvious your lights aren’t on. I drove to the grocery store that way once, then realized as I was leaving that It wasn’t lighting up other cars in the lot like it should. So at least once, I blame the dealer.

7 Likes

But also realize that people who also bring possible solutions get better year end reviews. Almost as good as those who just go get it done.

Better than 90% of the time, the problems they get brought to me I have been aware of, probably even had someone take a tilt at the windmill, and fail before.

So usually the discussion is what have you tried, what and when we last tried, brainstorming about what could be tried this time, and agreeing what they will try this time, and what support they need from me.

But yes, I would never suggest that they shouldn’t bring their problems.

1 Like

It encourages people to ignore problems.

Tons of articles and papers have been written lately how this is an archaic idea that needs to go away.

For one, Toyota also hates this idea.

1 Like

I talk to everybody… people in lines… not in lines… inanimate objects…
I hate that everyone hates me. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Its nothing personal, I just don’t like strangers talking to me. I even go so far as using headphones in stores now to avoid the issue.

That reply makes me wonder how much of my reply you read.

I pointed out that bringing solutions is generally better for your career.

I pointed out that usually management is more aware than you give them credit for.

I pointed out that even without bringing a solution, it can be an opportunity to plan a new approach to the problem, and try to minimize time sunk into repeating previous efforts.

And I pointed out that I don’t use that phrase.

Then you come back with a rebuttal that looks like you think I support that phrase?

1 Like

My related gripe is driving on I45 when traffic is bimodal. Half wants to go 5 under or slower, and the other half wants to go 10 over or faster. If you are in a section where you only want to go 5 over, you have no good options.

The other one is if I am stuck in the left lane waiting for a car doing 5 under to pass a truck doing 6 under, why am I not entitled to 2 car lengths of buffer between me and the car ahead? Why is that an invitation to pass on the right, and stuff yourself into that space? Do they even teach safe following distances in drivers ed any more?

2 Likes

Don’t wonder, I didn’t read enough. Guess I posted it expecting someone to argue…and uh…yeah well.

Apologies.

1 Like

Ugh we all want to complain about those people.

:slight_smile:

I want to complain about people who can’t read a training required for your safety or TUNGSTEN ONLY sign.

4 Likes

Well, its called Talk, not Read…

:smiley:

8 Likes

I think you may have hit on something important.
1 mouth
2 ears
2 eyes
10 fingers … no wonder the internet is so loud.

5 Likes

I hate when people don’t realize headphone in means no interaction wanted. Don’t ask me a question unless your life depends on it.

5 Likes

Don’t’cha just hate it when someone in a leadership position has selective memory about stuff they should know, and selective proficiency at using everyday communication platforms?

3 Likes

And that also applies to “someone NOT in a leadership position who has selective memory about stuff they should know, and selective proficiency at using everyday communication platforms.”

People who stop in a parking lot to do something not driving related. E.g. Phone call, waiting for their kid, etc. However, they don’t park in a parking spot! They just sit in a driving area blocking traffic through the lot. When there are plenty of spots available to park.

2 Likes