The Mosh Pit: Post your Rage here

True Story:

I pulled an old Laser out of my cabinet from 16 years ago (didn’t have a cable from head to p/s then). I Googled “Adlas DPY315II cable pinout”, and my original HELP! request from 16 years ago was the 1st returned. Some guy on Sam’s Repair had answered it about 10 years ago!

End the hate, all NecroRequests will be handled, in due time.

7 Likes

I’m not saying it causes me rage, but this whole Mosh Pit Rage posting revival got me to wondering about the origins of moshing, which obviously is the origin of the mosh pit, which let me to (where else) Wikipedia (as, like the Rome of legend, all roads leads to) where intellectuals have tried to “pin down” the moshing phenomenon… All well and good. I like a good intellectual eel chase as much as the next person, but then I stumbled upon this

Wasn’t there a popular song about this kind of thing back when (to which no one, surely, moshed)?

People that put dishes in the sink thinking they will magically disappear if they ignore them long enough. Or maybe they are counting on someone else to get annoyed with them enough to wash them?? I am so fortunate that I don’t know any such person, but if I did, I would be thoroughly disappointed in them.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I just assume they are handicapped…mentally.

2 Likes

Ye old thread…

People who do not make sure their kids are buckled in vehicle. It drives me nuts seeing kids not belted in jumping around in the back of their parents cars. When my kids tried to go through that phase, I brake checked them & then told them to put their god damn seat belts on.

9 Likes

UT Parents’ closed FB page is quickly becoming an object of my personal scorn and, I dare say, mild rage. Draconian moderation to the point where it functions as a glorified classifieds for leases and subleases. Everyday brings countless notifications. Were it not for Covid19 and the need to keep up with the shifting sands, I’d mute this page, but alas. Today, I wrote a two-sentence post, asking about how to get the tuition bill applied to specific scholarships (important for tax purposes), but the moderators rejected it because there’s a rule that they don’t allow procedure questions which is so confusing as other parents are asking about how to verify scholarships, send checks, etc. Instead, the moderators tell me I have to contact the FinAid Dept - except I did that first, only to hear a voice msg saying the Dept is not answering its phones. Nick says the student forum says that FinAid is also not answering emails. I think someone wrote a book about this type of hell.

4 Likes

Rant: People with little dogs who are allowed to be a-holes because of their size. I have a 100-lb dog and a 50-pounder who get walked twice a day. Invariably we encounter someone walking one or more ankle-biter sized dogs, who snarl and bark and snap at my dogs while straining at their leashes, and their owners just tut-tut them or laugh, because it’s just so cute when your mini Schnauzer acts like he wants blood!

If my big boy were to act like that people would freak the F out. Being Texas he might even get shot. But he doesn’t, because I took the time to train him and reinforce it every time we walk, so he knows how to act around other dogs. People need to quit letting their little dogs be jerks because they’re little.

6 Likes

They’re always on retractable leashes that the owners seem to have no clue how to use and in the process of trying to restrain their dogs they let them have more leash to play with. Retractable leashes are a huge rage for me especially in the wrong hands.

3 Likes

SO’s dogs are Pomeranians. Larger one is everyone’s friend, the smaller cuter one is noone’s friend. I’m the most antisocial MF’er you’ve ever come across when I walk them because I can’t stand the rage mop yapping at every other person or dog she can detect.

Although it is funny when small children gravitate towards the small cute one and she starts yapping at them - textbook crestfallen.

One of the worst inventions ever in my opinion. Just walk Fido off-leash and live with the risks/consequences if you’re unwilling to control your cur. Otherwise it’s just a tripline or bolo for other pedestrians/cyclists while you absentmindedly hold out the reel with one hand and scroll Zuckbook with the phone in the other.

I once encountered such a hazard on a multi-use trail on my bicycle. Owner was on one side of the trail, mutt was on the other. Naturally, this was in the woods opposite a tight turn with the owner on the inside of the turn. I had but time to ensure my wheel was going to pass over the rope. I did not GAF about the whelp of Fido when he was instantly moved ~6" nor whatever expletives the owner uttered - had I not been moving at a good clip a Hawaiian good luck sign would have been my response.

6 Likes

I did see “proper” use of the (abominable) retractable leashes the other day; fella and what I presume to be his SO with 3 dogs, one ~1 year black lab, 2 dachshunds reckoned to be latter teens, grey muzzles, happy to sit and pant while the female biped did phone stuff on the bench. The fella and the lab, though - whooo boy! He’d take off running, throw the tennis ball, try to keep from getting yanked off his feet when the lab hit the end of the extension to grab the ball!
Best day ever involving a retractable leash.
And there’s a reason I don’t have (a) dog(s); my lack of time to train them is a big one. I feel so sorry for the doggo and its person when they’re choking, straining, and pulling on the leash, about to yank an arm from the socket. Then I remember this is how our dogs behaved when I was a kid, so that’s probably how my couch-eating, arm yanking mongrel would be today. Hypothetically.

When they issue software updates…and guess what they dont work. Nothing like having our system down all day.

3 Likes

And many of the a-hole dogs are Claimed to be emotional support animals by their a-hole owners so they can schlep them anywhere, thereby giving REAL service animals a bad rep.

6 Likes

Back at Ladybird, and before Emotional Support Animals were a thing, DMS disallowed pets at the old ‘space. One member’s solution was to order a Service Animal vest for his non-service animal pet so he could continue to bring the dog to DMS.

I lost all respect for him the day I found that out: I’ve had friends who’ve relied on Service Animals, and the thought of someone corrupting that endeavor disgusted me.

The fact he was proud of how he beat the system made it even worse.

It’s been several years and it still bothers me.

8 Likes

In at least some cities, retractable leashes that can extend past 6 feet aren’t even legally a leash for the purposes of leash laws.

1 Like

My former neighbors “service dog” bit 2 out of 3 of my kids. Plus one of my other neighbors and a neighborhood kid.

Time for the dog to be put down.

1 Like

It was, after the second time biting my kids. I went to a hearing after he bit my second kid. That dog ran past me to my son, before biting him.

2 Likes

did they move because of that?

I hate that all the things that taste good arent good for you, and all the things that are good to eat, taste bland.
Sometimes I dream of chocolate cake, or a snickers bar, or Chicken Parmesan.

1 Like