Sucker Rod? Anyone know a source?

Any of you guys know where I can get sucker rod? 1 inch 3/4 inch or 5/8 inch? I want to make some metal spinning tools. The length needs to be 12 to 18 inches long per piece.

It’s for a committee project. I know blacksmithing had a stash at one point

Pretty sure this is where they got their stash

I was hoping they still had part of that stash. If I have to go buy it, I’ll just pay a little more and buy it locally.
@HankCowdog
@coloneldan

How much do you need.

If 1 inch rod (18 inches long) x 2 pieces
If 3/4 (18 inches long) x 1 piece
If 5/8 (14 inches long) x 2 pieces

This will give DMS a full set of spinning tools.
I can drive outside of Dallas but I don’t want to for $50 in materials. If I do that I’m coming back with 60ft of material

I think I have some but I’m unsure of diameter. I know we have some at Brookhaven I can probably get on Thursday.

Does the diameter matter? Which is preferred?

From what I know of we only have one full sucker rod. I know Fred from the north Texas blacksmith association knows a good spot to find them for a similar price to a previous seller.

@Mrholthaus,
As we discussed, I was able to pick up four 25 foot 3/4” sucker rods this (Monday) morning from Wylie Steel (now called Vrzalik Steel).

They are cut into roughly 8’ lengths. Let me know how many 8’ thirds you want (6 max - I want some, too) and I’ll drop them by DMS Tuesday am.

$6 per 1/3 stick. The 8 end pieces have knuckles, while the 4 center pieces don’t.

I’ll preferentially take the pieces with the knuckles on them unless you decide you want them.

Awesome! I’ll take 6 if that’s ok with you? Not sure if anyone else wants some. You can have the knuckles.

I’d like a few to if possible.

I can spare two small (1/3 length) pieces (with knuckles) after what Max gets. I’ll give you a call to work out details.

Excellent. Thank you so much.