At Machine Shop and Metal Shop committee meetings last night it was brought the to get a good pipe notcher. It is critical for a project like this where angles are critical and will be done numerous times
- We can cut all the various pipe to length in the Cold Cut Saw
- Notch all the pieces in notcher getting clean precise cuts.
- Build welding jigs to ensure alignment
We can ensure that all the cuts and welding are properly aligned. Anybody that wants to build one can use the set-ups and greatly reduce cutting times and welding set-up times.
I plan on making one. Hopefully several others will also. If you think you may want to build you should leas get the materials all cut and notched and some sub-assembliies weld up. You can do the final build later.
I want to make mine like the bicycle seat version but with a 1HP electric motor, it will have two wheels on the side, not tandem so it qualifies under Texas Law.
SUBCHAPTER C. ELECTRIC PERSONAL ASSISTIVE MOBILITY DEVICES
Sec. 551.201. DEFINITION. In this subchapter, “electric personal assistive mobility device” means a two non-tandem wheeled device designed for transporting one person that is:
(1) self-balancing; and
(2) propelled by an electric propulsion system with an average power of 750 watts or one horsepower.
Sec. 551.202. OPERATION ON ROADWAY. (a) A person may operate an electric personal assistive mobility device on a residential street, roadway, or public highway with a speed limit of 30 miles per hour or less only:
(1) while making a direct crossing of a highway in a marked or unmarked crosswalk;
(2) where no sidewalk is available; or
(3) when so directed by a traffic control device or by a law enforcement officer.
(b) A person may operate an electric personal assistive mobility device on a path set aside for the exclusive operation of bicycles.
© Any person operating an electric personal assistive mobility device on a residential street, roadway, or public highway shall ride as close as practicable to the right-hand edge.
(d) Except as otherwise provided by this section, provisions of this title applicable to the operation of bicycles apply to the operation of electric personal assistive mobility devices.