Stained glass spider web

Ooooooooh! Do it! I wanna make spiders!

Thx! When is the class scheduled for?

Saturday October 26th noon-2 (though it probably won’t take that long)

2 Likes

So it looks like the stained glass class is going to be scheduled right before it on the 26th. [calendar gods willing :heart:]

1 Like

Will the stained glass class also be a sign-off?

What kind of sign-off?

I haven’t done anything in the glass working department and unsure with stained glass if there’s equipment you would be signed off on or not?

With this condensed class, no you would not get signed-off on any equipment.

The equipment sign-offs needed are for the glass cutting saws and grinders which will not be used in the spider-web class.

Ah, okay. Thank you very much for the info!

Woohoo!! Both the stained glass web and the bead.wire spider class are up on the calendar!!

3 Likes

Freaking eh Sarah - that is so cool!! I wanna gooo! :heart_eyes::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Re how many

If it helps, I’m doing the wire class but not the stained glass (looks cool but only can fit in the one thing time wise)

Dang! I missed out on the stained glass class, but would love to see this again cause I wanna learn to do this!

Edit: Oh wait! the 26th isn’t this weekend. I might be able to go if there are spots still open for the class.

Just curious, would the grinders not be needed for the individual pieces? I saw the cut pattern Johnny had uploaded, can you cut the curves with just the scoring method?

1 Like

Links to the classes
Stained glass: https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/14364
Spider/scorpion: https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/14340

I’m super excited!!

Yay! Nabbed a spot. I’ll bring cash at the door unless you prefer it before hand @Sarah_Hustwit , thanks!

The Stained Glass class filled up fast so I just submitted a second glass class for Sunday, 1-3.

3 Likes

For this condensed class I’ll be precutting the glass, to help it go much faster!

1 Like

I’m fine with cash at the door :slight_smile:

Mine are all scored and cut with nips. Clean up with grinder was the plan. I’m sure more proficient glass folk could cut them all :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I replaced the grommets on the diamond saw, that would prolly be better to use?

1 Like