Stained glass spider web

I just submitted a class on making spiders [and scorpions] out of wire, and I was wondering about doing some kind of multipart class where we make something like this.

I am not sure what Jen’s talk handle is. Can someone tag her?

Credit to the creator

9 Likes

She is the @rocketdr I believe.

It’s @rcktdr

I’ll im you her number, she was appointed to be over GlassWorks classes to help since I am out of town a lot.

Edit for 2nd class person

Thank you,
Anita Willis

@JBluJkt you have been practicing this web can you talk with Sarah and Jen to create back to back classes? Looks like Sarah would make the spider from glass n wire then another make the web class.

Sure, looks like fun! We might simplify it down a little bit for beginners.

1 Like

something like this could be done in a reasonable time…

4 Likes

I talked to JB he is tied up at this time. He has been trying to get a demo made for a spider web class, but he is pull into a lot of directions right now.

Have one in glass I started for this as well :hugs: can finish it up if you want :joy:

8 Likes

What day and time did you schedule your spider class?

1 Like

Saturday 10/26 from noon - 2
The calendar seemed pretty open

2 Likes

How many students? My class is usually limited to 5, I could try to do more if needed. or do 2 sessions for the web, 1 before and 1 after.

How much do you charge for your class?

1 Like

I’m only charging $5 for the supplies since it’s really more time than stuff. [I submitted it for honorarium.]
I limited my current class to 8 since we’re going to need to share pliers and things, and since it’s my first class teaching and I don’t want

3 Likes

Any idea when it’s supposed to be open for signing up??? I can’t wait to do this!!!

1 Like

I’m guessing, but it looks like about 2 more days…

@JBluJkt That looks awesome!
@rcktdr I’d love to collaborate on a stained glass/spider class. Let’s make a plan! I’m so excited!

1 Like

Everyone else:

My spider/scorpion class should be live in a couple of days [assuming it gets approved.]

I’m not sure how fast we can get the stained glass collaboration live, but it’s definitely in the works! :heart:

Here are my scorpions and spiders.

12 Likes

@Sarah_Hustwit

What day/time did you submit the scorpion/spider class for so I can watch the calendar?

Beautiful!

I think it should go live tomorrow, but I’m not sure what time. I think it was early afternoon Monday when I actually hit submit (it took me awhile to write and then timed out my log in LOL)