Social Media Content Request

Just realized I never saw the full comment and I love it. (Also had some one explain the joke here. It’s perfect)

Might have to edit out the drugs references though. And the stripper bit. :joy:

But you’d be covering up the best bits!

2 Likes

i thought there was already a “show and tell” monthly thread ? maybe just pull from there?
EDIT: i would suggest messaging john marlow to see if the header can be changed to just grant permission to post to social media? not sure how hairy it would be with various people being paranoid shrug.

The Show & Tell template already says material will be posted to our DMS blog (i.e., social media). People may not read that far down. I can easily replace the word “blog” with “social media”.

2 Likes

I know a few people who post on Show and Tell and have requested that PR not pull from there. If we are going to make it a free for all it needs to have it explicit in the title at the top. I want to ensure clear consent.

2 Likes

I had things posted on social media via the show and tell and that alone wasn’t the problem. I think that idea is great if executed properly. It was the way it was done that left something to be desired. For example someone took a photo of the screen with a phone and posted that. :confused:

They at least tried to credit me, sort of. On other occasions I posted comments to credit the maker (if I knew who it was) because no credit was given at all.

I realize this isn’t easy work and everyone helping is a volunteer… But c’mon… For reference this is the original post.

3 Likes

That is why I want a separate thread for SM use.

We can better monitor content and give appropriate credit.

Also it would be easier for creators to let us know when things are wrong/need to be fixed.

…-And some characters

You do not have to repost across threads. You can post in either one.

Also, pointing out that a previous person was amicable is implying that we are not. This is not effective communication and comes off fairly rude to most people. I don’t assume malicious intent and I understand your frustration. I want people to share their issues constructively.

I am trying to find solutions that work for the majority of our members while respecting the privacy of those who wish to not be on social media.

If you have ideas or alternatives I am more than open to hearing them.

1 Like

Show & Tell belongs to PR. Just PM me with what you want it to say and I’ll change it.

1 Like

We didn’t know this!

I would like to discuss this with more members and put up flyers before jumping and using it for SM since so many people who choose to stay off are using it.

I’ll bring it up with the Chairs and see how they want to proceed. :blush:

1 Like

Needs LEDS in the straw. Plenty of room in the base for some coin cells and a small microcontroller…

I have a bunch of LEDs is that a standard super jumbo or just jumbo diameter straw? Caliper it please. Most of mine are 5.0x5.0mm

Giant straw, according to the box. That seems to measure out about right according to my wooden ruler.

Want me to make you one?

I would be honored

Then you’d just have: This is Cherry. LOL.

If I’m already posting it on social media and tagging dms, that counts as giving you permission to share it, yes?

I’m working on a large chainmail consignment piece at the moment. The job is to make the same armor the future owner’s video character wears. To that end I’m assembling a chainmail knee-length robe. The sheet I am holding has appx 18000 stainless steel rings in it so far. The final build will have appx 22600 rings in it.

5 Likes

I thought the wooden base to my moon lamp was lame so I designed and 3D printed this new one, fit perfectly.

3 Likes

Would it be helpful for us to have a Google Form and post the QR Code / bitly link around the space?

1 Like