Social Media Content Request

…-And some characters

You do not have to repost across threads. You can post in either one.

Also, pointing out that a previous person was amicable is implying that we are not. This is not effective communication and comes off fairly rude to most people. I don’t assume malicious intent and I understand your frustration. I want people to share their issues constructively.

I am trying to find solutions that work for the majority of our members while respecting the privacy of those who wish to not be on social media.

If you have ideas or alternatives I am more than open to hearing them.

1 Like

Show & Tell belongs to PR. Just PM me with what you want it to say and I’ll change it.

1 Like

We didn’t know this!

I would like to discuss this with more members and put up flyers before jumping and using it for SM since so many people who choose to stay off are using it.

I’ll bring it up with the Chairs and see how they want to proceed. :blush:

1 Like

Needs LEDS in the straw. Plenty of room in the base for some coin cells and a small microcontroller…

I have a bunch of LEDs is that a standard super jumbo or just jumbo diameter straw? Caliper it please. Most of mine are 5.0x5.0mm

Giant straw, according to the box. That seems to measure out about right according to my wooden ruler.

Want me to make you one?

I would be honored

Then you’d just have: This is Cherry. LOL.

If I’m already posting it on social media and tagging dms, that counts as giving you permission to share it, yes?

I’m working on a large chainmail consignment piece at the moment. The job is to make the same armor the future owner’s video character wears. To that end I’m assembling a chainmail knee-length robe. The sheet I am holding has appx 18000 stainless steel rings in it so far. The final build will have appx 22600 rings in it.

5 Likes

I thought the wooden base to my moon lamp was lame so I designed and 3D printed this new one, fit perfectly.

3 Likes

Would it be helpful for us to have a Google Form and post the QR Code / bitly link around the space?

1 Like

For folks to give their assent?
I think yes.

hmmmm…maybe…
but definitely post here on Talk.

1 Like

Would it be helpful for us to have a Google Form and post the QR Code / bitly link around the space?

Yes that’s been proven to be greatly effective in the pass. But caveat as you may know; don’t over use it.

Members tend to get a squirrelly attention towards the concept when its used too frequently (ie more than once in a few months) and results tend to trend in for about 5-9 days max.

1 Like

I was thinking of having two evergreen Google forms pinned to PR: 1 for social media content, the other for media release requests.

Due to limited time, most of the PR committee isn’t on Talk very much, so this would be a streamlined way to get our attention so we can help you and the other committees.

I’m happy to write press releases, and can usually do it quickly if I have all the information, so this form would ask for relevant info, photos, quotes from people about the event, logistical info, etc.

It’s about getting it done quickly and efficiently and accurately.

1 Like