Social Media Content Request

Good Afternoon!

PR is attempting to put together some content for our Social Media accounts. Due to privacy issues, we want members to volunteer info/media so that we have permission to use their data on the platforms. I know Texas is a one party consent state, but we want to respect ya’lls privacy.

If you have anything you are ok with sharing please post below! Include any info on your project as well as any preferred hashtags. We will not be tagging or linking to non-member accounts just yet.

There are a few rules we request:
-No nudity regardless of if it’s tasteful or crude.
-No swearing
-The work must be your own. Do not submit on behalf of another.

I will gladly link to the posts once they are up and running. We are hoping to get a sticky for social media show offs soon so that people can both “Show and Tell” and “Show Off.”

Any questions, comments, and concerns are more than welcome!

3 Likes

I’m out …

9 Likes

Whew! Relieved at that!

3 Likes

That’s not what that means or how that works. Forums posts have nothing to do with consent to be recorded in an audio conversation.

If I machine out a human form into plastic or aluminum, does that count?

What about your Jesus headshot??

1. Not from Texas so I didn’t know the law distinguished video and photo. Thanks for that!

2. Sadly yeah. No nudes for human, machine, etc. so no HR Geiger :sob:

Can I share this(?):

Life has been tough for this Standroid. She’s a topless dancer who goes by her stage name of “Cherry.” She was Coked-out at an early age, which led to negative self-esteem so severe that she tattooed the word “Zero” on her leg. She survives on the generosity of perverts.

This Aluminoids design is made from a Coke Zero can, a Diet Coke can, and a Diet Coke Splenda can. The stage is the lid of a butter cookie tin placed on top of books. She’s stapled to a straw. The straw is held to a hole in the base by an unclosed rivet (with mandrel attached) and an internal green plastic wall anchor (with toothpicks used internally as spacers). To make the Standroid figures, I used my Aluminator to divide the cans into 8-panel sections that were folded and cut into humanoid shapes. [Standroid, Aluminator, and Aluminoids are my trademarks.] #aluminoids, #aluminator, #standroid

7 Likes

Sure! Give us a quick write up of what it is, anything you want mentioned about it (construction, materials, etc) and any hashtags you want used.

Thank you for actually asking.

Still a little annoyed with an item used from my personal Facebook feed one of the page posts by surprise.

2 Likes

Yeah. That’s not how I play. Despite my love of social media I keep a LOT private and I’m picky about what I put online.

I def understand and respect others privacy.

3 Likes

Also pm me the link and I’ll see if I can remove it if you like.

1 Like

We’ll pictures of my Jesus hair have basically been reproduced so many times around the world that it now practically falls under the GPL license. I’ve lost all control and hope of wielding it so go for it. It’s my gift to society.

4 Likes

You have to give a caption on how you get your Jesus hair though. What products? Styling tips?

Just realized I never saw the full comment and I love it. (Also had some one explain the joke here. It’s perfect)

Might have to edit out the drugs references though. And the stripper bit. :joy:

But you’d be covering up the best bits!

2 Likes

i thought there was already a “show and tell” monthly thread ? maybe just pull from there?
EDIT: i would suggest messaging john marlow to see if the header can be changed to just grant permission to post to social media? not sure how hairy it would be with various people being paranoid shrug.

The Show & Tell template already says material will be posted to our DMS blog (i.e., social media). People may not read that far down. I can easily replace the word “blog” with “social media”.

2 Likes

I know a few people who post on Show and Tell and have requested that PR not pull from there. If we are going to make it a free for all it needs to have it explicit in the title at the top. I want to ensure clear consent.

2 Likes

I had things posted on social media via the show and tell and that alone wasn’t the problem. I think that idea is great if executed properly. It was the way it was done that left something to be desired. For example someone took a photo of the screen with a phone and posted that. :confused:

They at least tried to credit me, sort of. On other occasions I posted comments to credit the maker (if I knew who it was) because no credit was given at all.

I realize this isn’t easy work and everyone helping is a volunteer… But c’mon… For reference this is the original post.

3 Likes

That is why I want a separate thread for SM use.

We can better monitor content and give appropriate credit.

Also it would be easier for creators to let us know when things are wrong/need to be fixed.