So what's with the Tabby cats in the front?

Will they be ok now that it is getting near freezing?

1 Like

I think someone needs to take them inside or provide them some way to get shelter of some kind.

Can we make the Rubbermaid bin “shelter “ that was referenced above (in post #28 by @pendragyn)?

2 Likes

Just give your contribution to Beth. That’s what I did.

1 Like

@dryad2b - Beth, I have my trap back now and can bring it Thursday along with some cash.

Is the trap still needed?

Last year all the cats did pretty well. They like the storm drain, and they sleep under the Parks trucks, probably on back axle. The shelter sounds good, but where would we put it?

1 Like

In the bushes?

3 Likes

I am out of town. Are they predicting a hard freeze tonight?

It is supposed to get down to 30F early in the morning. It’s probably going to be a bit warmer in the rose bushes…

I hope so.

Oliver was around last year for the freezing weather, and he made it through with all his bits…

I would suggest that anyone leaving later tonight that is parked close to the front might tap
on their car before starting it to make sure that if they are in the engine comparrt mrne they
have a chance to leave

2 Likes

These guys are really wary of cars.

1 Like

That is good to know

So, I’m not really following this and need someone to summarize.
Do the cats have a tub/hut warm box thing? yes or no

If not let me know and I’ll bring everything up today to get a couple made. Won’t be cute but it will be done and Maple and Syrup can at least have a corner and that’s something.

Something like this right?
how2_wintershelter_CSM-Stra

PS can we please release a flock of peacocks when the new space opens up? I think that would be a fun group of feral pets to have around the space. Loud little bastards will keep us on our toes constantly.

10 Likes

No.
But…
The “need” is…debatable (cats do pretty well in this environment; there are lots of nesty places for critters).
AND
the concerns that Cof Carrollton is “non-feral friendly” and a nest-box is…evidence…
I’m not saying don’t do it (or that I wouldn’t help if I were able to be there) but I AM saying it’s not a cut and dry thing, you may receive less-than-warm sentiment from others, so be ready, etc.

Yikes! Should give the kitties some entertainment, anyway…

2 Likes

Plus, my other “concerns” about the box is that we don’t actually own any space it could sit on. The shrubbery would conceal it, but we’d have to make sure that a sprinkler wasn’t pointed at it. And, we’d need to know when the landscape guys were coming by.

I’m sure that they’d appreciate a warmer place to be, but 2 of the 3 made it through last winter with all their bits…

2 Likes

It needs to be hidden… perhaps painted the same color as the building and have some artsy CA folks paint bushes on it to help hide them in the bushes. :smiley:

5 Likes

yay … camo cats :stuck_out_tongue:

You do not want Peacocks around. I was once a neighbor of James Polser and they had a virtual farm of critters on 3 acres. He had a pair of Peacocks that were the loudest of all. Rather have Roosters than Peacocks!

3 Likes