So what's with the Tabby cats in the front?

Peacocks are tropical … they no like cold …

https://www.wideopenpets.com/5-essential-tips-for-keeping-peacocks-as-pets/

There are Peacocks in TX, Ive seen them in the wild, I just can’t place where at the moment. They are not naturally occurring here, but can become feral.

Are you suggesting that we invite peacocks to become a natural makerspace bird? Hmmm

1 Like

Nope, just stating I’ve seen them before in the woods. It’s going to bother me now that I cant remember where I saw it.

1 Like

There’s a neighborhood in Oklahoma City that has free roaming peacocks so I know they can survive Texas. Not saying we need some but they are heartier than you’d expect.

3 Likes

The landscape guys were there last week planting pansies. I’m going to speculate we won’t see them again until the spring.

2 Likes

I know a person in Arlington that owns some wooded land, and they’ve got free-roaming peacocks. They were tame, but I don’t think they had a peacock house, so to speak.

Made a cat box out of a tub, some blue foam, shredded newsprint, and some duct tape. It ain’t nowhere close to pretty. I covered it with some catnip because I figure a freezing cat might appreciate getting a bit high.

6 Likes

We have roaming peacocks in Lewisville. If you really wanna see them I can point you to where

3 Likes

Greenhill school has free roaming peacocks and I swear every time I heard those squawks I jumped.

2 Likes

The public library in Glendale Arizona had a huge flock of peacocks that lived there and at a park next to it.

1 Like