So what's with the Tabby cats in the front?

Oh, and it’s neutered. Both of those 2 are male. I haven’t seen Mama Slinkster in a week or so. She’s more feral than the two y’all have seen.

1 Like

Also, it’s not incorrect to use “neuter” for both genders, it being a gender neutral word. We only apply it to the males because we find “castrate” offends our sensibilities, and the handy “spay” applies nicely to the females, though it’s technically (in an historical sense) acceptable for either, too.

Tomorrow or Friday would work best for me. Can you let me know when you’re there (or en route) and I’ll see if I can squeak away from my duties?
I’ll pitch the trap in the car and swing it by.
I’d be a LOT happier if I could talk with whomever is going to use it. It’s a design I L O V E but others sometimes need…encouragement…

Sure thing. I’ll PM you.

1 Like

@dryad2b: maybe try to send @yashsedai a PM to help with possibly trying to get to TCAP. Or feel free to contact Debra to see if she can help. We were talking about TCAP hours and I think either Denton or Allen was closed on Fridays. There’s other locations of course too though. Whoever takes them, it will have to be early in AM, trap PM night before.

Is there only 1 trap so far?

I’ve only had a promise of 1 trap. They’d be happier if there were two. They don’t really like each other that much. Well, Oliver is not fond of Squirt… I could probably do them on different days, though.

Unfortunately, I can’t locate my trap. I think my wife loaned to to a friend.

1 Like

@jast are you working with @dryad2b to acquire one trap? We can always do them different days. I don’t know if any of the TCAP places are open this weekend or not. I am going to see what I can find out about the schedules hopefully between work today.

1 Like

Trap is in the car, as of yesterday.
No PMs so far…

Do you intend to be up there today? I will be up there tonight.

1 Like

Regretfully, I have a picklist of “must dos” filling my afternoon/evening, my tomorrow, and possibly my Sunday.
However, if I have a recipient, I will make a point to swing by DMS and deliver the trap (I’d really like to give it to someone and discuss proper use, as opposed to leaving in a corner). I’m nearby DMS 10/26/2018 until about 15:00, at which point I’ll take a sharp right turn and be nowhere near able to “swing by” today, or tomorrow. Sunday becomes less well-known for me.
If it goes beyond that, I’ll be up there to teach Monday night 10/29/2018 starting around 18:30…

1 Like

If @dryad2b is unable to meet with you today, I will gladly meet with you Monday.

1 Like

Did we find someone to adopt the kitties yet, or are we passing them along to a shelter?

We are still working to coordinate their getting fixed.

In order for them to be adopted we would need to find a foster willing to keep them cooped up for a while to see if they can even be placed. The one larger cat I think has the temperament for possible placement. The smaller cat I am on the fence about because it is far more skittish. Usually if cats are remotely domestic, they will allow you to pet them and get near them. Lil dude has been far more apprehensive with my encounters, can’t say for others and their encounters. Dallas Cat Lady is full and I haven’t had time within normal hours to reach out to other possibilities. If you’re aware of any places, please reach out to them. Right now the priority is getting them fixed, getting their shots and hopefully heartworm & flea treatment.

Given that grown cats are almost never adopted, they would be euthanized if they weren’t chipped. They probably aren’t. Just throwing that out there.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/07/02/484111751/library-cats-job-is-saved

1 Like

Let me know if there’s a kitty to get kitties fixed. I’ll toss in a $20.

2 Likes

I’m waiting for a trap to show up, but donations are very welcome. I have no money to put toward vaccinations, for instance…

Trap delivered to Beth’s capable hands… Good luck on the hunt!
Post up when/ where/ to whom to deliver donated funds.
Also, final costs, etc, so we can be sure it gets covered.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update @jast. I’ll talk with Beth hopefully tonight!

1 Like