Skeletonized AR-15

If you’re looking to build a rifle, Cabela’s has a skeletonized AR-15 on sale for 149 right now.

Enjoy!

RJ

1 Like

Link? Link? Link? (filler was needed)

In store item… Fed paperwork required. I was there browsing deer feeders and thermal scopes when I saw it and bought one.

Here it is … I just bought 2 — HOAD it’s 50% Off

http://www.cabelas.com/product/ANDERSON-A-CARBINE-OEM-RIFLE/2387975.uts

1 Like

Wow. Pretty good deal. I ran across an ad for 20$ lowers on Black Friday. I may have to get one of those to add to the collection.

I’ll be shopping palmetto State armory for the rest.

1 Like

Not sure they have any left, but the Crazy Gun Dealer in Alvarado, had S&W AR15’s for $400 with ammo purchase.

I was expecting something more like this.

5 Likes

Plus a very hefty FFL fee…

I have no idea. It all depends on what you think is ‘hefty’. I didn’t purchase one but let’s say the the FFL fee is $100 (I’ve never paid that much, not even close). The gun still comes in at $500 … that’s pretty cheap in today’s market.

Yeah, I’ve never seen the word “skeletonized” to mean what this company is saying it means. (insert Inigo Montoya meme here)

It means you get a weapon in pieces… without all of the pieces.

Did some digging for some sale prices to help complete this…

Midway USA has an AR Stoner BCG on sale for $74.99

and

Primary Arms has the complete lower kit on sale for 39.99, stock kit w/buffer for 34.99, charging handle for 10.99, and upper kit for 17.99.

I also picked up the AR Stoner flash suppressor for 7.99 and the Yankee Hill crush washer for 1.40.

I think that’s everything but the front furniture. I already have the vise block and armorer’s wrench. I just need to pick up a small torque wrench in the next few days.

I understand in this context what they are saying, but it is not at all the common use in the gun world.

AFAIK FFL fees are $25 if you got an LTC, $35 without. Also heard there was a place in Carrollton that asks only $10 for LTC holders.

+1

This is what I thought it would be too.

One of the ads on the radio for the Crazy Gun Dealer mentioned a $75 transfer fee. Cabela’s is $0.

$35/25 is at Eagle Gun Range.
+1 on Cabela’s as it’s in-store. :thumbsup:

Doesn’t matter what he fee is as long as the overall cost is a good deal and a $475 S&W AR 15 is a smoking good deal…:nerd_face:

Don’t forget the inflated ammo purchase you have to make… My AR will be about 370 plus tax/shipping when I’m done

Their radio ad today said they had 100 left.