Show and Tell September 2022

Post to this thread with some photos and a description of something you are working on this month at the 'Space (or wherever) and we’ll help you join in our fun, too!**

Small craft projects, large CNC router projects, quick & dirty tools made by tools, and so much more happen at Dallas Makerspace. Cool things done at DMS by cool people often go unseen by our peers, not to mention the curious public. Post up here to share the interesting things you are doing with Dallas Makerspace this month!

These posts help promote cohesiveness and community at Dallas Makerspace, inspire others to make a cool something. and help our PR show off what can be done here using social media or blog posts (with attribution to each maker of course).

:bulb: NOTE: Consider the following on each post, to help make for richer experiences:

• a QUALITY photo can help us with the vision
  • WHO you are, possibly for attribution outside of this venue, but also to help our fellow members get to know each other (or at least each other’s work)
  • WHAT you’ve made might not be immediately obvious, but even if it is, we :heart: a good story!
  • HOW you’ve made it (and perhaps HOW DMS helped) inspires others to follow along
  • WHY you made it (all about the inspiration, dontchaknow)
1 Like

One of my ceramic baby doll head planters won a blue ribbon at the state fair. :slight_smile:

24 Likes

Way to go Julie!

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

Congratulations Julie.

1 Like

Had to fix a poor quality “Texas Star” corner block frame for work, so made a custom inlaid veneer logo block for my shop at the same time. Corner block is curly maple and walnut veneers, frame is solid walnut.

18 Likes

Finally wrapped up a coffee table I had been working on the past month. This was my first project using the MIG welder, and there were many lessons to be learned! The top is red oak stained with Rubio Monocoat Cherry Oil.

Thanks to @SWA for the pointers around the domino joiner and helping me avoid some of the common mistakes.

27 Likes

Looking good!

Replacing a floor pan in my ‘72 Squareback and needed to make some patches.

10 Likes

Type IIIs are the coolest vehicle ever mass produced.

Spent my youth in a fastback. Love to see moar pix!

1 Like

Spent Labor Day weekend laboring over a couple of quilt tops. The one made out of a lot of half square triangles of fabric with words or letterforms printed on them is about 16” x 20”. (Each square is 1.75”). It won’t get larger. Just get finished as a miniature quilt.

The other pinkish/aquaish design was originally a pile of fabrics I had planned to make into a quilt for a friends daughter, but didn’t get past the planning stage before her color sensibilities changed. So I cut it all up into long wedges, and will sew into a few quilts for the charity quilts “arms” of my various quilt guilds. (I’m a member of two Dallas guilds, the denton guild and the plano guild.)

This first one is about 40” x 60”.

22 Likes

This past week I had a chance to use a faceting machine. I need a better camera to pick up the sparkle, it looks a lot better in person. It was a ton of fun, I think I may have to lobby jewelry to consider purchasing one :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

19 Likes

I support the lobbying effort!

1 Like

My son and I took the wood lathe pen making class last night. They turned out pretty good.

20 Likes

Look great👏🏼

1 Like

Making some Flying Print Monkey Press patches for
the sales shelves…

15 Likes

Busy day, Astrud & I also burned two screens and printed the design on 33 shirts (various colors and sizes) for our show booth.

17 Likes

Tore out this ugly shelf unit and made a resin counter along with some wood shelves. Made a second resin art piece to match (its heavy!)

25 Likes

Made a resin and wood coffee table top but am looking for someone who knows how to weld to make the base. Please reach out if that’s you and I can commission you to help! :slight_smile:

15 Likes