Show and Tell September 2020

I made these cacti planters out of spectacular clay, Matte white glaze and did the design with wax resist. Used styrofoam forms for the body. I made these because I needed some planters and next time I may throw in some turquoise on top. Jasper soil covering was a nice touch, I thought.

24 Likes

you have become very good

2 Likes

Biggest charcuterie board ever!

27 Likes

Charcuterie?? Man I’d use that for a spread of smoked brisket, turkey, and sausage!

2 Likes

I’d go surfing! :surfing_man:

3 Likes

I’d but a rope through the ring and wear it as a necklace. Oh wait. He’s about 6’5" tall. And I’m not. So maybe not…

1 Like

Made a 3D printed “book nook” of 12 Grimmauld Place

20 Likes

Finished up two cutting boards like the first one that I ever made last month. I didn’t take a good pic but here’s a screenshot from a video I took. The side grain from the cherry wood came out so wonderful after applying some mineral oil. Planning to give these as gifts to a few friends.

17 Likes

Consider giving them a small bottle of mineral oil with the board so they can maintain it. My rule of thumb for oiling cutting boards is: “daily for a week, weekly for a month, monthly forever.”

3 Likes

Thank you this one hangs in my office

6 Likes

I made the hanger for this wall fan/lamp combo. I am mainly interested in Blacksmithing but this is the first thing I actually got completed so far…

11 Likes

@HankCowdog @coloneldan
Here’s the next book made with that leather.
This style is called a journeyman. It’s soft- bound (no hard cover), and has the wrap-over. This makes it easier for a journeyman to stick in his saddle bags without damaging the book. Nowadays it also works well in a backpack.

13 Likes

I LOVE this! I have been thinking of making myself some planters for a while, but I’m a ceramics newb and its a little intimidating. These are so inspiring!

2 Likes

Making waves - Multilayer portrait. 6 layers of birch plywood with acrylic wash.

22 Likes

I made this at Makerspace yesterday…
My son is like okay daddy that’s big enough… he a no go on the 7 foot cross :joy::joy::joy: I told him okay - I’ll stop after the 6 foot.

11 Likes

10 Likes

Been doing this in my spare time, made a custom package, logo, got a barcode and going to send hopefully into amazon FBA soon.

13 Likes

Can you spot the 5 differences between these two pictures?

1: boy is holding integrated circuit with tweezers in first, but not in second.

2 Likes

:heart: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :purple_heart: :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

10 Likes