Show and Tell September 2020

Consider giving them a small bottle of mineral oil with the board so they can maintain it. My rule of thumb for oiling cutting boards is: “daily for a week, weekly for a month, monthly forever.”

3 Likes

Thank you this one hangs in my office

6 Likes

I made the hanger for this wall fan/lamp combo. I am mainly interested in Blacksmithing but this is the first thing I actually got completed so far…

11 Likes

@HankCowdog @coloneldan
Here’s the next book made with that leather.
This style is called a journeyman. It’s soft- bound (no hard cover), and has the wrap-over. This makes it easier for a journeyman to stick in his saddle bags without damaging the book. Nowadays it also works well in a backpack.

13 Likes

I LOVE this! I have been thinking of making myself some planters for a while, but I’m a ceramics newb and its a little intimidating. These are so inspiring!

2 Likes

Making waves - Multilayer portrait. 6 layers of birch plywood with acrylic wash.

22 Likes

I made this at Makerspace yesterday…
My son is like okay daddy that’s big enough… he a no go on the 7 foot cross :joy::joy::joy: I told him okay - I’ll stop after the 6 foot.

11 Likes

10 Likes

Been doing this in my spare time, made a custom package, logo, got a barcode and going to send hopefully into amazon FBA soon.

13 Likes

Can you spot the 5 differences between these two pictures?

1: boy is holding integrated circuit with tweezers in first, but not in second.

2 Likes

:heart: :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :purple_heart: :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

10 Likes

learned how to use the lamp working stuff from @mrjimmy made a bunch of beads while trying out different glass

15 Likes

The Astraeus/Moonbeam Sweater by BadWolfGirlStudios (pattern on ravelry!)
Began on August 31 and finished September 13.

Made by -Meeeee- Michelle “NobleGoblin” Noble!

I made this using yarn purchased from BadWolfGirl! The yarn was superwash merino in the colorways “Bellatrix” and “Golden Snitch”. This was stranded/fair isle. Lots of floats!

I knitted parts of the yoke a bit tighter than I would have liked, however this is my first time using superwash for a sweater and I expected more fluff/bloom. (Online resources about superwash doing this were fairly inconsistant.) I’m not sure I’ll use superwash for colorwork again without sizing up a needle. Her yarn is fairly fantastic though!

I did alter the pattern. The sleeve cuffs and hem are one solid color and I decided to add in a gold border with a few speckles. Personally, I think it tied the whole thing together much nicely. I also did a very short rib for both resulting in a better hang IMO.

Why?
I’m on a knitting binge. I was legit stalking this pattern and had been waiting for it to drop for over a month. Texas is perfect for short and 3/4 sleeve sweaters. Etc. Etc. Etc.

EDIT: This was BEFORE blocking. The blocked project is currently drying. I think I got a little more length on the sleeves and body, but it def does not block as well as regular wool. (because you know…superwash…)

21 Likes

I -need- this! My friends and I here in GA have a Wednesday night Charcuterie & Chill!! We have been doing it EVERY week since shortly after Quarantine started. (There’s like, three of us total. We play it safe.)

I think i know a guy who can make you one :rofl:
It doesn’t even HAVE to be 6’long, but I highly recommend it!

1 Like

Yeah but what years? :wink:

3 Likes

Are they not precious :hugs:

19 Likes

oh wow that’s actually more than I thought. I did 6 coats of butcher’s block conditioner (mineral oil + wax) in the first 48 hours but nothing since. Would butcher’s block conditioner be good for ongoing maintenance or just straight mineral oil?

Fair question :rofl:

2020! Also apparently I’m the FIRST CUSTOMER TO FINISH SINCE THE PATTERN DROPPED. WHAAAA
That will never happen again, but i’m gonna peacock about it for now. :smiley:

6 Likes