Show and Tell October 2023

Post here a picture and description of anything you are working on this month at the 'Space!

It can be anything from a small craft project to a large CNC router project to building a table to 3D printing to a science experiment and so much more. There are lots of people doing cool things at DMS all the time, but most of us don’t get to see it. Post it here and share the interesting things you are doing at Dallas Makerspace this month!

Posting here helps not only promote Dallas Makerspace, but could inspire others to make something. It will also help PR post a monthly look at what can be done here on a blog post or other social media (with attribution to each maker of course).

:bulb: NOTE: Please try to include the following on each post, to help make for richer social media content!

• a decent QUALITY photo
  • a notation about WHAT you’ve made
  • WHO you are (for attribution on the blog)
  • HOW you’ve made it
  • and WHY
1 Like

Footed walnut bowl finished with 3 coats of Tung Oil. About 10" foot-to-foot and 2.75" tall…obligatory banana for scale

16 Likes

Found a cool old advertisement in an old fantastic 4 comic. Decided to print it on a shirt with the dye sublimation printer

17 Likes

Do Mine! Do Mine!!

13 Likes

Heck yeah! What size shirt do you wear?

3 Likes

I made this just after joining MakerSpace. The rug was sewn on my trusty Janome sewing machine. Having the space to make this was one of the reasons I joined. I’ve been sewing for 15 years and always out for inspiration. Taking classes has opened my imagination. The rug was made with a Jellyroll fabric bundle and lots of patience!!!:rofl:

16 Likes

That’s beautiful! It’s so hard to get those to lie flat without cupping in one direction or the other, and yours is great. And wow is your stitching nice and even too! Can’t really tell the size, but it doesn’t look like a small rug either. Good job!

2 Likes

Much thanks to @CaryF300 and @AmeliaG for teaching the class and walking me through in more details.

The shirts came out great, hugely thanks to them.

11 Likes

I need me a weedleman shirt!

My son caught a shiny weedle and he brags about it. So now his nickname is weedle man.

4 Likes

I just measured 28x40. And you’re right getting it to lay flat is tricky. I have a couple tips I like to think works. LoL

1 Like

Those look great!

1 Like

Got a couple nice ones printed today with @mblatz

14 Likes

Thanks for the help with mine, too!

3 Likes

Did some laser cutting for holiday decorations.

17 Likes

Those are great! Would you be willing to share your gnome patterns?

amazing!!!

I need those!!! LoL

My wife got the SVG patterns at https://crafthousesvg.com - search for “fall gnomes” or “christmas gnomes”. They were pretty cheap. The only alterations I had to do in Inkscape were to merge the bottom layer into a full single outline. The other pieces were cut separately and overlaid for a 3D effect. I can explain in more detail if you need.

3 Likes