Show and Tell October 2022

I made these in the metal shop. let me know what you think,

23 Likes

I love those!!

This is the town of Halloween

13 Likes

I have created a new diet, but this picture of me either a joke or I took this diet to far.

8 Likes

I made a mechanical pencil and a ring for a b-day gift. The ring core I did as a custom transluscent glow resin mix.

15 Likes

Well, I did some more work for my milling machine. This time I cleaned up my R8 collet holder. But first I had to change the water & media in the vapor hone. So who lost their spark plug?

Here it is on the machine

14 Likes

I too clean fouled spark plugs every recommend oil change refill.

1 Like

Just about every Maker sometime: “Hmm, that would be cool and I can do that.”

Well a long time ago (2019) at a far away place (Monetary Lane) I convinced myself I could take the base of a draw leaf table that was made for a 1/2" thick glass top and make it work for a live edge & epoxy table. Several “great plans & ideas” later, it was sent into hibernation until the frustration level subsided a bit. Grandson #2 got married and asked for a dining table. After a few more errant efforts, a workable table rose from the sawdust pile not unlike the Phoenix escaping the ashes.

Live edge walnut with an LED backlit epoxy center and two 15" live edge leaves, all finished with a clear epoxy. In addition to LED lights, the center section has UV sensitive glo powder, pigments, and fire glass. Credit to Erika Bauer Thornton (aka Artist Till Death) for epoxy design expertise.

Lights off

Lights on

Raised leaf

19 Likes

Took the hydroflux class with @sroriginals last night. This will definitely up my soldering game.

Anette and I made matching rings.

24 Likes

Reminds me of when Johnny 5 becomes punk and wants revenge on Oscar and his goons.

1 Like

We printed SNES controller tshirts (to match up with our Atari controller ones) on Sunday, doing the entire process starting from bare empty screens to finished shirts (about 3 dozen) 5-ish hours later.

18 Likes

Dye Sub polyester satin corset.
I photoshopped the Celestial Cliffs so that every pattern piece edge would line up, and used Dye Sub to print it onto the polyester.

20 Likes

That is amazing! :open_mouth:

1 Like

Dye sub made it possible!

3 Likes

Beautiful! Is this the Carina Nebula from the Webb Space Telescope?

FINALLY finishing my DMS class, end grain maple and walnut cutting board (which had been in a moving storage box kept in the garage for YEARS).

18 Likes

Is there any class and/or training on how to print t-shirts?

Made at the ‘Space using my Shaper Origin. The work tables here are the perfect height for me to set it up for this kind of work, and the Festool vacuum works so well with it. I used 1/4”, 1/8”, 1/16”, and 1/32” bits to get it done. A friend is going to fill it with crimson epoxy and give it to friends of ours.

16 Likes

Nice. Even got the font for the “A” right!

1 Like

I spent a couple dollars on an SVG from Etsy. If I messed up that A then I’d get staked out in a field somewhere for the vultures.

2 Likes