Show and Tell October 2020

Beautiful work. Are there classes at DMS on quilting?

Not at the moment. But I’m currently (sort of) coaching @JBluJkt through his first quilt.
Last December, I came up with a simple four-patch design that works as an easy “make and take” project that would allow you to learn the basics of machine piecing and machine quilting and leave with a small piece appropriate for use as a coaster or holiday tree ornament. Interested?

5 Likes

They shoot the whole season and a second tournament exclusive hopefully revealed the end of this year.

2 Likes

Kewl!
and other blather.

Finished three sweaters this month so far!

All fueled by stress

21 Likes

Gorgeous work. Do you follow patterns are are these your own design?

1 Like

I looked at your Ravelry stuff. Very impressive!

1 Like

These are all patterns!

Top - The Weekender by Andrea Mowry
Middle - Shifty by Andrea Mowry
Bottom - Flax by TinCanKnits

Flax doesn’t have any color contrast edges nor does it have stripes. I altered that one to be quite Hufflepuff-y :slight_smile:

I -am- in the process of designing my own sweater though!

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Yes please! Would love a class to learn the basics of quilting. :hugs:

Tea bag holder made with cinco blanco clay from the slab roller. Used a placemat for the texture
And then cut the shape from a wooden form. Glazed with coyote pam’s green under amaco celadon glacier. Very happy with the way it turned out.

16 Likes

Yummy! The tea looks good too.

1 Like

Rolled out some Cinco blanco and then pressed lace into it. I used a wood form for the shape. Glazed with Spectrum Textured Cascade. Made by me, for me. An artist’s first audience is themself. :slight_smile:

20 Likes

Portrait in wood. Big Hat Lady. Walnut, white Oak, Maple burl, ebonized wood. 15 x 12

21 Likes

Controlling fuel into the Fusion Chamber using a Mass Flow Controller driven by a Web enabled ESP32_WiFiKit. We were able to precisely control the Fusor pressure by remote control (important safety concern), at between 5-100 microns in increments of 1 micron.

Special thanks to Yury for his Arduino IDE software, @Josh_Melnick for loaning us the fabulous MFC, and @kobin for the brilliant solution of isolating the MFC from the high voltage of the Fusor by connecting with FEP Tubing!

Next come the Geiger Counter and Scintillator dataloggers, which will use the same software framework.

12 Likes

I have a mountain of Air Force Research equipment, need to figure out how to get to you!

3 Likes

This is beautiful, but what is its function?

1 Like

Here’s the coat rack I made from an oak barrel stave (thanks, @ryan) and some vintage brass coat hooks which used to belong to my late mother-in-law.

15 Likes

Bought A 2017 mayco mold online. Hey, it’s Covid and I don’t need a wardrobe full Of suits and heels anymore so I’ll spend my money on my hobby. :slight_smile:
Slipcasted this baby With a stoneware porcelain blend slip I bought from trinity ceramics. Glazed with coyote Pam’s blue and fired at 5. What you don’t see are the 4 casualties behind this lantern. 3 lanterns’ glaze ran and made them stick to the cookies so I trashed them. One in the green ware stage crumbled in my hands in front of the kiln shelves. It happens. Anyone who plays with clay is used to experiencing loss. Haven’t decided if I want to keep it yet. I think I want something lighter and brighter.

12 Likes