Show and Tell October 2020

Makers gain inspiration from fellow makers! Post a picture or two and description of anything you are working on this month at the 'Space (or wherever) here!

It can be anything from a small craft project to a large CNC router project to building a table to 3D printing to a science experiment and so much more. There are lots of people doing cool things at DMS all the time, but most of us don’t get to see it. Post it here and share the interesting things you are doing at Dallas Makerspace this month!

Posting here helps not only promote Dallas Makerspace, but could inspire others to make something. It will also help PR post a monthly look at what can be done here on a blog post or other social media (with attribution to each maker of course).

:bulb: NOTE: Please try to include the following on each post, to help make for richer social media content!

• a quality PHOTO
  • a notation about WHAT you’ve made
  • WHO you are (for attribution on the blog)
  • HOW you’ve made it
  • and WHY
1 Like

I made snowglobes of my sister’s and mother’s homes for christmas.

24 Likes

21 Likes

Ive been working on a light box using PVC pipes as the frame, and I put a roll of white paper in the back, as the paper gets dirty I just tear it off and pull it down to use clean paper.
LED lights in 5000k range with clips and a bed sheet as the diffuser.

13 Likes

I sublimated fabric to make my husband a very appropriate mask. :smiley:

Cindy Dalton

17 Likes

This is a light up Cinderella dress. The dress is from the Disney store and the lights are el wire hand-sewn with fishing wire.

24 Likes

holy smokes, holy ghost, holy crap, holy hell! Wow.

2 Likes

A teapot I made on the wheel in ceramics. I added a polished stone to the lid to add a little excitement. The stone, red jasper I believe, was cut and polished in jewelry with the lapidary equipment. I mixed the exterior glaze myself from a recipe found in John Britts book “Mid-Range Glazes”, the interior glaze is an off the shelf gloss white from “Coyote” brand of glazes. I used Johnny’s light box at the Makerspace to photograph.

31 Likes

My first box! Many thanks to @pjolone, @pjolone1 for showing me how !

24 Likes

My Johnny Pot- Gold n CRATERS. Nice texture

26 Likes

Love it! A talent!

1 Like

Kokopelli the Flute Player. Walnut, maple, cherry and purple heart veneers. This is 5x7. the next one will be 18" I hope.

22 Likes

Here’s how my October started… it starts this way every year🎃

13 Likes

My second end grain cutting board made with purpleheart, cherry and walnut! Thanks @bbchops for helping me troubleshoot flattening this piece last month!

28 Likes

Matcha white chocolate chip cookies.

18 Likes

Another Elon Musk design just dropped. Can anyone decipher all the meaning?

@Russell_Crow @Contrarian

3 Likes

The sixth plague doctor mask I have made over this never ending quarantine. This one is made from craft foam and a cheap pair of sunglasses. The pattern is from Diesel Punk RO.

17 Likes

I want one of these, name a price.

Tarp frame for jet boat cover. I used a heat gun at DMS to bend 1 inch PVC to make a frame structure so the tarp sheds rain correctly. Use 90’ corners at the end of the bow and stern spars to prevent snagging and tearing your tarp.

8 Likes