Show and Tell November 2020

Like many others I forgot to post this last month.

17 Likes

My daughter and I hiked enchanted rock couple of weeks ago. I couldn’t find a patch that I liked so I designed my own based on a photo that I took and also ordered stickers.

23 Likes

where was the patch made?

1 Like

Very nice!

1 Like

where was the patch made?

Very nice!

Thank you!

did you have to order a large quantity?

If you go to the website, you can see the exact prices from 10-1000’s of patches.

I made these matchstick holders from speckeled buff clay. Rolled out a slab, cut out shapes and slipped and scored them together. Yes, they work. :slight_smile: saw them on Pinterest and wanted to see if I could. They will be Xmas gifts for friends.

8 Likes

Wooden Portrait 11"x15". 4 woods. Thanks to @JBluJkt for convincing me to change the grain orientation on the face.

I have been asked to do a class on these and I have agreed. Look for it in early December.

10 Likes

I have been using the photo equipment at DMS to practice taking product photos. My first attempts were terrible but I think I’m at “good enough” for some things. I need to continue to improve when I photograph reflective surfaces.

bottle cross puzzle

13 Likes

A multi-layer mountain scene in 4 layers. 12" x 12"

16 Likes

I volunteered to help my fellow knights of Columbus. We made keep Christ in Christmas signs… pictures of us playing with routers and and other sharp objects.
Vivat Jesus

11 Likes

Made 4 of these little babies and used them as testers. I rolled out Cinco blanco clay, used my mug template (courtesy of @Christykaake), added some texture, fire, glaze and then fire again. There’s a tiny hole at the bottom of the planter because my bunny eared cactus needs drainage. They’re about 4 inches high and 3 1/2 inches wide. Made them for my cacti. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

A couple of halloween pieces.

10 Likes

Cute! You might recall this shape:

16 Likes

hey, you got it to work! that looks awesome! How long did the glazing take? seemed fiddly.

1 Like

Not really sure on the glazing since I was going a bunch of stuff at once. But the clean up before the biqsue fire is very fiddly!

3 Likes

If you have Baltic birch I would like some of still available :grin:

I do have some scraps of Baltic Birch laying around that I won’t utilize for anything. DM me and we can get it into your hands!

DM me and let’s set up a meet! I’d love to donate some and see what you can do with it!