Show and Tell May 2023

Excellent work sir. Nice looking piece of furniture.

1 Like

Thank you !

1 Like

Here’s some frivolous laser cutting for a current 1/24 scale project. It takes a surprising amount of stems to fill even a small pot. The window planter, which is about 1-1/4 x 3/8 inches, required 60 stems with about 400 leaves - each about the size of a pinhead. Pots 3D printed (resin) and aged.

22 Likes

Utterly amazing work. I cannot imagine working at the scale of these flowers. The details are simply stunning. What an artist you are.

1 Like

Frivolous??? You continue to amaze me!

1 Like

WOW. :heart_eyes: that is incredible

1 Like

I’ve been working on the Desser end cabinet for a minute… finally finished and installed it… the cabinet is made from Curly Maple… main body is painted Benjamin Moore cappuccino froth… the center part is stained Cherry and finished with Armor Seal gloss…

18 Likes

Outstanding work. Beautiful wood selection and very nice finishing job. Thanks for posting.

1 Like

You outdid yourself this time, sir! Excellent work!

1 Like

Wife and I saw those boards laid out Friday night. And commented how pretty they were. And in the final piece……. outstanding.

1 Like

Mother’s Day gift.

Turquoise cabochon set on a sterling silver cuff. Gold filled wire was spun with sterling silver wire for the extra decoration.

20 Likes

Made a prototype field notes wallet. Mistakes were made, but the next and final version will be solid. Anyone interested in this as a class?

18 Likes

I’d be there

3 Likes

There have been a lot of mistakes along the way, and there are definitely flaws in the finishing process I need to work on, but I am really, really happy to have completed my first woodworking project. I can’t offer enough thanks to everyone who helped me keep all my fingers attached and offered advice, guidance, and encouragement along the way, (especially you @SWA)! Now to finish up the second one and learn how to play. :joy:

22 Likes

Saw all that laid out on a table when I was at DMS last week and upon seeing those serious drawer slides knew it was going to be an interesting project.

I’m very interested.

1 Like

beautiful!

Very nice! love the design and the wood.

Back to the 1/24 scale project … I experimented with laser engraving to texture the walls and pavement. I created photo artwork then laser engraved it using Fusion. Coupled with some gesso/spackle, airbrushing and a whole lot of hand painting on individual bricks and you can see the results. Careful examination shows not just the mortar lines but also rustic texture in the brick itself.

The pavement was a photo laser-engraved on spackle. The stones were macro textured using crumpled paper while the spackle was wet. The flagstone loggia looked really good when first engraved but the spackle kind of dusts off as you handle it. The spackle is best engraved (IMO) with something really high contrast like black and white mortar lines.

19 Likes

This is brilliant!

2 Likes