Bandsaw off some stock
Square/face stock in mill
Drill/tap/chamfer center hole
Drill/ream gauge holes
Drill/tap clamp holes
Slitting saw clamp holes
Drill out one side of clamp holes
More Chamfers
Vapor Hone (mainly to see how much machining marks it would erase)
Install shoulder bolt and remove head

First time using a slitting saw, it was exciting

Example use:

Overall I’m pretty happy with it, the vapor hone leaves a decent finish. I need to find less obnoxious washers though.

16 Likes

Rough turned freshly cut (I think) Red Elm, it’s just under 16" across. Jane and I got a shower. I could see the water flying and I had a stream running down my bowl gouge flute.

Final weight was still almost 8.5lbs. Now we play the waiting game as it dries.

16 Likes

Very nice Brooks.

My 6’2" youngest daughter (whose spirit animal is a giraffe) chose Gigi for her name when her granddaughter arrived a year ago. Now that the little one is walking and running, Gigi needed a place to put all the toys she must buy!

A little 5/4 Spanish cedar, lid-stay torsion hinges, a 3D model by my Greek model making goddess Elina Panagakou, some CNC time, nifty character painting by Erika Bauer Thornton of Artist Till Death, and here we are. Interior is 18"x18"x36".

22 Likes

After … some ~3 months … of delay I’ve finally ironed out the design errors in a presentation case:

11 Likes

Love the box Bert. Looking forward to building my seed box at your place. I having fun in Italy at the moment.

1 Like

So one year later…

Yes, I started this the same time as the entertainment center I did for my daughter’s completed in May of '22.

This one is going to be more a buffet with utensils, linens, etc in the drawers and platters in the dividers.

In addition, the top has two bandsaw boxes and a turned lidded box I finished with flocking earlier this week.

22 Likes

Beautiful work!

2 Likes

I made another part for my bead roller project last night. It’s a knob for the height adjustment. I used the Tormach profile mode and kinda winged it with the shape.

15 Likes

Those kinda wings might get you into flight!

Walnut bowls from a crotch.

20 Likes

A few larger pieces last month.
36” diameter walnut and matte black resin tabletop. Still trying to decide what to do for the base so it’s hanging on the wall until then.

24” diameter walnut burl and white pigmented resin with two clear top coats. For more porous woods, the two top coats are necessary to get rid of resin dimpling.

And lastly, a bunch of crosses made with real dried flowers and almost entirely made of excess resin. When I do larger pours it’s common I pour a little too much and resin is $$$$ so I use leftovers in these cross molds and always have a few in progress to catch the drips :+1:

20 Likes

Back in Jan @bertberaht posted he had some Red Oak lumber excess. I bought it and started a table for an air fryer. Just finished the project.

Table is 24 x 16 x 31. Has push open shelf and drawer.

Air fryer now has a home, with drawer to store all the shelves and basket. Maybe some other appliance (or 2) will relocate to the “basement”

19 Likes

Excellent work sir. Nice looking piece of furniture.

1 Like

Thank you !

1 Like

Here’s some frivolous laser cutting for a current 1/24 scale project. It takes a surprising amount of stems to fill even a small pot. The window planter, which is about 1-1/4 x 3/8 inches, required 60 stems with about 400 leaves - each about the size of a pinhead. Pots 3D printed (resin) and aged.

22 Likes

Utterly amazing work. I cannot imagine working at the scale of these flowers. The details are simply stunning. What an artist you are.

1 Like

Frivolous??? You continue to amaze me!

1 Like

WOW. :heart_eyes: that is incredible

1 Like