Show and Tell March 2024

Yes, we have a large slab saw, two trim saws, a genie wheel for cabochons and some raytech shaw faceting machines

I am working on an online class for the saws and genie wheel. The faceting machines are different. Come to the jewelry committee meeting to learn more about that training.

1 Like

Niece is getting married Saturday. My wife asked me to make this for them…

16 Likes

In the nick of time!!!

1 Like

I have no doubt you’ll be their favorite uncle!

2 Likes

Will do. His start date is 4/1 and mine will likely be May. I’m hoping to be back for June’s committee meetings in Jewelry and CA

1 Like

This is the bowl I made in Brian Giles’ lathe class today. Great class Brian!

19 Likes

By its nature the project is immobile and I don’t have any good photos, but I painted a bedroom over the past few days - farewell peanut butter brown, hello blueprint blue.

A blue wall. Note the intensely stupid lovely ‘plant shelf’ cutout between bedroom and bathroom.

Mutt approved!

11 Likes

I say it for other people - pictures or it didn’t happen ! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Touchups are coming, as is removal of the delicious blue tape. Then photos.

1 Like

Pics supplied. Limited scope because it’s still kinda a barren disaster.

2 Likes

Nice that is a cool color… your pup has good taste

I’ve heard that time of year is beautiful… now I want to take my family to DC during blossom season… thanks

1 Like

Beads of Courage Bowl - going to Beads Of Courage program to support children coping with serious illness.

22 Likes

Printed a giant LEGO Stormtrooper for a friend’s kid’s birthday. Love how it turned out.

Photos by @mreynolds
STL from thangs.com

20 Likes

Cool!! What was this printed with?

It is mostly PLA, but the head is ABS. All printed on the Bambu LAbs X1-Carbon named Hyneman.

1 Like

Thanks for posting! Sharing with your people is what I hear requested from every DMS member who is invested in the community and that’s a nice piece right there. Hope to see more of these! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much for your kind words! Yes I like that combo of Impressionism and Cubism. Glad you enjoyed!

1 Like

Thanks Patrick! Much appreciated and I’m grateful for the community to share it with.

1 Like

Thanks so much for your kind comment. Yeah it’s beautiful there. Definitely worth a visit! I hope you do it! :cherry_blossom:

1 Like