Show and Tell March 2024

Post a picture and description of anything you are working on this March at the 'Space here!

It can be anything at all So many of us are doing cool things at The 'Space all the time, but most of us don’t get to see. Post it here and share the interesting things you are doing at Dallas Makerspace this month!

Posting here helps not only promote Dallas Makerspace, but could inspire others to make something. It will also help PR post a monthly look at what can be done here on a blog post or other social media (with attribution to each maker of course).

:bulb: NOTE: Please try to include the following on each post, to help make for richer social media content!

• a decent QUALITY photo
  • a notation about WHAT you’ve made
  • WHO you are (for attribution on the blog)
  • HOW you’ve made it
  • and WHY
1 Like

Faceted some citrine colored laser glass yesterday.

26 Likes

That’s so cool

2 Likes

Challenge coin holder… the gentleman I’m making this for has well over 400 of these coins…

20 Likes

Gorgeous work!

1 Like

Worked on an upcoming class project I’ve been wanting to teach; Handmade Watercolor scene bookmarks.

Worked on it in the CA studio tonight (March 4) before our CA meeting and during the meeting.

Total time was about 2.5 hours.

Cut a sheet of watercolor paper into 4 different sizes, then taped them together and started the painting. I used the hair dryer to speed up the layering process.

Then laminated and rounded the corners.

I do have tassels arriving from Amazon for the class :slight_smile:
Should be in the calendar soon.

26 Likes

We had a great group of mostly first time oil painters join our landscape oil painting time class this Saturday March 2nd - learning/practicing ocean painting techniques!

24 Likes

Had to run to rockler to get class supplies for the woodshop. As usual I can’t go into rockler without buying something… So I got a folding knife kit. Used an old wood yard stick for the scales.
Turned out pretty nice I think.

24 Likes

Mezzaluna (pizza slicer) made from a worn out cutter from a tape roll cutting machine.

19 Likes

Took the photography film development class this evening, and managed to get several great images from a roll of 120 B&W taken with a kodak brownie hawkeye (made in oct 1955) this weekend.

Here are just a few.

22 Likes

These are gorgeous! I hope to take the next round of classes!

2 Likes

Uploading: IMG_3351.jpeg…

Book Matched wall Nut End Grain Cutting board.
16” x 24 “ x 2”

15 Likes

Took Ryan’s stack ring class today. Really upped my soldering game!

14 Likes

That train picture is insane! Please enter it in a photo contest, it’s a winner

2 Likes

Does DMS have lapidary now?! Thats lovely

I made this oil painting of the Washington Monument in cherry blossom season. @Team_Creative_Arts

25 Likes

Razzlefratz. You tagged me, so now I have to snooze this. I hate the way Show and Tell pops up all the time, so I never, never look at it. And, generally speaking, tagging the whole Team is a bit… presumptive.

Cool combo of cubism and Impressionism!

4 Likes

You watch your mouth, young lady!

3 Likes