Show and Tell March 2022

Another piece I just finished…

@Bri_Gearhart I find some in several different places, here are a few of my favorite.

What system are you using?
AWG or SWG?

10 Likes

3D printer these screw top lids for my coffee beans.

16 Likes

Absolutely, beautiful. When I was in the 7th grade, I decided to do an insect collection for my science project. We had a neighbor who was a lepidopterist (fun word to learn) He showed huis vast collection and even gave me some professional mounting supples. He traveled down to Central and South America, maybe even other parts, collecting butterflies. It was amazing to see God’s beautiful creations. Thank you for sharing your butterflies.

2 Likes

Wow!!

I am always fascinated by framed butterflies, moths and cicadas. If you get in the business of selling these I may be interested in some :slight_smile:

Also really digging that 3d print, so handy!!!

I used to sell them, I am mainly focused on highly scaleable products for Amazon now.

2 Likes

Well, the class isn’t up quite yet as there’s other parties helping me with the class, but Friday I did a dry run of a class before we start our project :slight_smile:

Someone from Ceramics who does slipcasting will teach the slipcasting class and I’m going to teach how to make a little stained glass cacti for their finished pot.

Doing the 1-off/dry run was helpful so I could identify things needed before the class and also get an understanding if anything was too challenging. I am having to discard my favorite for the class as it’s not really easy for beginners. So the aloe looking plant will not be offered.

So these were from my “first students” and one is mine.

Made by @madisonaconnell

Made by me

Made by @Liv7301

17 Likes

That’s awesome that you included Yvonne Williams (Von). She’s really amazing at what she does, and is a super fast learner. I got to meet her about 10 years ago at a convention when she was first getting started. She had not yet gotten into leatherwork and we talked shop for a bit, now she’s well beyond my skill level. Definitely check out her tutorials if you’re interested in Chainmail or wire wrapping for jewelry.

3 Likes

Definitely interested!!!

1 Like

We should be getting the classes submitted today :crossed_fingers:

Olivia is going to teach the slip cast portion this Saturday (not sure the time, she was finalizing that).

I will teach the stained glass portion April 2nd 1p-5p. For those that take the slip cast portion, they will be given entry 1st into the class. If someone from slip casting does not want to due the stained glass cost, no interest, etc, I’ll let others enroll first come, first serve.

2 Likes

Sweet!! Thanks for the update!!

1 Like

You are most welcome!

I learned to create stickers today! I’m so excited. I can even do my QR code for my website with it.

11 Likes

Fantastic waterfall look. Really awesome!

1 Like

I made this chevron (not sure if this qualifies as chevron?) pattern coffee table set. The base is 3/4" steel square tubing I mig welded. This was my first welding project (thanks to everyone teaching the hot processes and welding classes, I never would’ve learned without you!). The top is white oak. I made the four quadrants separately and cut them down to size and glued them all together. Finished it all up with black spray paint on the base and lacquer on the top. I think it turned out pretty well! Thanks again for the community support on the woodshop and metal shop side, could’ve have done it without you!

25 Likes

These are awesome, they are definitely professionally made!

1 Like

Made in Paul’s Bowl Turning class.
He brought a sycamore bowl blank, which was really enjoyable to work on the lathe and looks great for the grain and and color.

10/10, Good class, would recommend

17 Likes

Made myself a birthday shirt and then I made Jacob a shirt. Nerdy fun today.

22 Likes

Laser cut plywood wall graphic.

20 Likes

I try to chaos right class tonight and I really like what my students turned out they Bluetooth which is like this is mine the other three pieces are my students one of the ladies brought her own ammonite fossil

12 Likes

Made for a friend in Colorado…
mahogany Back ground
Ash - Front Range
Curly Maple - letters
Beatle kill pine - trees
Purple Heart - birds
Yellow Heart - birds
Pahduk - birds

22 Likes