Show and Tell June 2021

That’s a pretty OAKy desk lol but awesome job, turned out amazing and I imagine weighted more than 2 or 3 of me! Lol deskzilla is a fitting name, just gotta make sure desk Kong doesn’t get too close and it should last for decades hahah

Good Work,.

Moss pole class :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Thank you!

These are fire!

17” pizza cutter blade plasma cut from a salvaged HSS round tape cutter blade.

Works well, but prone to rusting if not kept dry.

12 Likes

Thank you so much!

You could coat in in a little olive oil or another food safe oil and that would give you a little
Protection, just like how they ship most metal components with a little layer of oil, but very cool piece, how’d your get the gap in the center

Plasma CNC.

1 Like

Lol I was gonna say mad skills cause that’s a damn near perfect circle radius, but that explains it

Picked up a WiFi/Bluetooth attic fan from the Homeless Despot for about $17 (normally about $130). I assumed something was broken, and it turned out easier to identify than I thought it would…

Let’s play “Spot the fried capacitor”:

This one was a 470uf, maybe 30v? I had a 470uf 50v in a drawer. Now the true question: attic or alternate use? :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Will be interesting to see how long electrolytic capacitors last in a Texas attic.

3 Likes

I joined DMS in summer 2019 to do this project :sweat_smile:. Finally had time to do it before I moved for a new job! Still have a couple things to do:

1. Add dowels to the backrest joint and seat to connect the cone underneath

2. Clean up the leg tenons a bit

3. Fine sanding

4. Coat in Danish Oil

5. Give it a name (i’m open to suggestions :joy:)

Made with Maple, Mesquite, and Walnut

19 Likes

Being able to get to DMS this month has been very limited for me. I did manage to go last Saturday and yesterday to get some rings made for my mother and sisters birthdays.
I needed something small since I’m flying and not checking in laugage.
I made a verity of sizes so they are hooked up from thumb to pinky!

Thanks @sroriginals and @purpleporpoise for the classes!

18 Likes

Walnut, epoxy, and brass side table.

17 Likes

Beautiful! Looks professionally done. They will treasure these for sure.

1 Like

Beautiful work, and what a lovely gift!

1 Like

Very Interesting

1 Like

Very cool, kddo suggested “Moon Lander” for a name.

3 Likes

oddly reminiscent of Worf’s bat’leth

1 Like