Show and Tell June 2021

BE Your Neighbors’ Inspiration!

Inspire your fellow makers by posting some photos and a description of something you are working on this month at the 'Space (or wherever) in this thread!

Small craft projects, large CNC router projects, building tables, 3D printing casting patterns, even DNA extractions and so much more happen at Dallas Makerspace. Cool things done at DMS by cool people often go unseen by our peers, not to mention the curious public. Post up here to share the interesting things you are doing with Dallas Makerspace this month!

Posting here will help promote Dallas Makerspace, inspire others to make something. and help DMS PR show off what can be done here using social media or blog posts (with attribution to each maker of course).

:bulb: NOTE: Please try to include the following on each post, to help make for richer experience:

• a QUALITY photo
  • WHO you are (for attribution outside of this venue)
  • a notation about WHAT you’ve made
  • HOW you’ve made it (and perhaps HOW DMS helped)
  • and WHY
3 Likes

A vintage Allied 445 receiver lives again!

Replaced both output fuses and the bulb behind the tuning meter with an LED bulb. I still need to replace the dial backlight and the dial indicator light bulbs. I’ll do those in LEDs too.

It sounds fantastic connected up to a pair of old KLH speakers I’ve had sitting in the closet in the game room for the past 6 years. :smiley:

14 Likes

An aluminum hand vise about 2" long, with 1/8" pins for holding irregular parts. The stepped base allows clamping in my Sherline mill vise. The movable jaw runs on two 1/4" dowel pins, with 6-32 set screws to secure them in place. The spring compresses into two counterbored holes, allowing complete jaw closure.

EDIT: I admit to making a couple boo-boos on this, but the reaming went surprisingly well. The dowel pins were such a great fit that they popped out due to the vacuum created. I drilled a vacuum release port in each end to make it easier to use!

23 Likes

A couple of simple racks for storing saddles.

14 Likes

Wanted to show off our new bowl turners from tonight’s class! Great job all of you! Thanks!

25 Likes

Bust I had an artist draw for me, just printed on my Elegoo Saturn.

12 Likes

@themitch22 @talkers
Drip plates and bottle emptiers Ive been working on for my mono x and saturn

12 Likes

3d round of sharpie clips to amazon warehouse

11 Likes

After months of waiting for parts,camping out in front of microcenter and fabrication. I have finished my custom PC build (with a little help from the guys in the machine shop. Thanks!). Cut the wood base to size and added Roman ogeie edge, used a hand router to cut holes for the back plate, tabs to hold radiator and the feet.used a mill and band saw to cut the aluminum pieces

15 Likes

That looks familiar…

7 Likes

Its a rough copy of klingers sculpture yes, where is that?

It’s in the winter palace, in the hermitage in St. Petersburg, Russia. It’s a cool museum.

2 Likes

Bezel class

12 Likes

Custom Dog kennel I’m working on… made at the space mostly finished…

14 Likes

Just wanted to share a light fixture I made! Acrylic, Walnut, and a little bit of wenge. took a photo on film to see how it’d turn out

24 Likes

Soldering class :grin:

12 Likes

Wife mentioned that she wanted a mini bench for the closet so she could sit and put socks on.

17 Likes

Here’s the latest progress on the massive desk. It was a beast !

9 Likes

A Troll Cross (Scandinavian protection from evil charm) I forged as a demo in the Open Forge Class last Sunday.

16 Likes