Show and Tell June 2021

200°C SMT Hot Plate

9 Likes

Beautiful work Ian

3D model of friends homes.

11 Likes

How are you liking the Saturn? Printed a bunch of parts for a movie and really could have used more build plate space.

the saturn is great, ill text you next time they are in stock for $500 on amazon

A friend commissioned my to engrave some mason jars for her friend’s bachelorette party. Done on my own laser, but could have been done at the Space. I built a jig for repeatable positioning using LEGO bricks.

12 Likes

I started this last month when I was teaching the chaos rap class but it didn’t quite get finished up do today at the snow slowed down Symposium I finished it up they are going to need something about this if I found the cab are used in it before the pandemic on the freebie shell

2 Likes

10 Likes

A big shout out to our newest bunch of bowl turners from tonight’s class. Great job folks!

17 Likes

I replaced the center console of my truck with one that fits my needs better. The console sat low, so I fabricated this sheet metal mount for it to make it sit higher and at a better angle.

18ga stainless sheet cut on the Dynatorch, then bent on the box pan brake. There were a couple of design improvements spotted during install should I ever make a better one, and ideally it should have had a little more meat in some areas as it vibrates a tad (though not noticeable in the drive home):

12 Likes

Made these phone holders from the depicted MDF pieces. The MDF pieces were carved using a CNC router. Marine vinyl was used to cover the pieces. I used vinyl rather than leather because it better resists mold, it’s waterproof, and it’s vegan friendly. Canvas was used to cover the edges.

11 Likes

So this time I wanted to do something different, just kidding it’s more tables lol so I came across this mahogany in the back warehouse at hardwood lumber and normally i don’t use much mahogany, it’s a great wood with great properties just it’s the vanilla ice cream of wood just not very exciting but this stuff blew my mind, ive never seen mahogany inhibit this pattern tightly ribboned figure, and it turned out nice, I’ve been making the dad joke “I made a table with a “twist”’ and hopefully you get the dad level 100 pun. But it’s soft maple and did something a little different in regards to finish I used sanding sealer to coat it, then applied a semi gloss nitrocellulose lacquer then after letting the lacquer off gas for a week gave it a good coat of paste wax, and while it almost doubled the time spent finishing I love how it turned out and I think it’ll be my new go to!

15 Likes

Made some cabinet doors for a friend. They’d purchased some kitchen cabinets from the break room of a store which was closing. Installed them in their barn’s tack room., but several were missing doors.

I cut down a matching folding table for the door panels and used European cup hinges to attach. The hinges are really quite easy to attach and have ample adjustments for fine tuning the alignment.

She need six doors but the table only made four, so I made two from plywood and we’ll cover those with upholstery leather.

Two doors have been installed. Waiting on Woodcraft to order in the remaining hinges to complete the install.

8 Likes

man at first glance i almost thought these where guitar capos

1 Like

I see you like the wine? :joy: O! And nice table

This was the last big build for the month of June… I call it Deskzilla

8 Likes

That is sooo cool, I wish I could do that man!

Haha. So my dad got into wine a while ago and there’s these classes for like 20$ and you go and taste and learn about wines and where they’re from etc etc so I blame him! But maybe like 7-10% of those are actually mine my mom “doesn’t like the look of a stupid wine rack in the house” and since rhe person who makes the decision at my place are me myself and I, he stores his over here lol

![image|(upload:
So this wasn’t
(upload://ywLkz1VAW0mXTplin36QNoOE19S.png)

!
done reacntly but this was my hobby before woodworking, that’s all house of kolor urethan kandys and transtar 4K 2 part, lol so whenever I talk about painting cars I’m not talking with my back side cause it’s one of my favorite passions

Edit so nobody’s noticed my joke either time
I posted it, there’s no such thing a 4K clear coat, dumb reference to ,new 4K tv ads

13 Likes

I really should have come up with a better signature on my pin striping hahah