Show and Tell July 2020

Be sure to check out the new slicker: it’ll make short work of burnishing all those edges.

I recommend you use a light touch and practice on some scrap first, but it’s a joy to use.

1 Like

I watched this video and I want to do this, I have done a few inlays, but need to get better before I spend money on that type of wood.

In the latest update of the vectric software they have reportedly improved the inlay toolpath.

1 Like

Those are beautiful Anette. Nicely done!

I have used this technique some years ago. Think it was with Aspire V4. It’s a very good way to get tiny lines and detail that is terribly hard to do with the conventional inlay approach. Fun stuff.

I never thought I would be sad there is not a SaaS model, $2k is a bit much to swallow at once for just the software.

Actually, I think you can do something like that cutting board with VCarve. It’s basically two 2.5D designs cut with V bits.

Here’s a “How To”

1 Like

(upload://lidRF177GkGJDGMElEnKkyksh6v.jpeg)

So extremely pleased with my second set of stickers for my Etsy store.
@uglyknees
Yes that is two knights jousting on snails.

12 Likes

2lbs of Thermite I made for the 4th
@Lampy @Nick

8 Likes

That’s some spicy thermite!

I love them! What machine/tool did you use to make them? I didn’t know we had some kind of sticker machine

stickermule

1 Like

Just got another, Johnny Silverhand Parody sticker, for upcoming, super anticipated game Cyberpunk 2077; stickermule is really good, and only about $10 for a trial run of 12 stickers, very reasonable to see if you like how they look in a given size or color, etc.

3 Likes

This weekend I have been working on a few knife sheaths. Looking forward to using that new burnisher. I’ll end up cutting some templates out with a laser as well now that I have a good pattern.

15 Likes

Here’s a small sewing/quilting project I finished a little while ago. I have no particular use for this but felt the need to use all these brightly-colored fabrics.

04 initials

15 Likes

Its a happy bag!

2 Likes

I LOVE the Mythosaur skull one.

Thank you, I am trying to get that one finished up over the next day or so. I am staining the back piece later today. I’ll also be carving another one with the other side of the skull.

1 Like

I tried FDM vs resin printing this generative design and the jury is out, resin printing is far better for generative designs. black is fdm; grey is resin.

3 Likes