Show and Tell July 2020

Just curious, what was the total CNC time on that?

started with an amana 46294-k roughing ballnose then to the 46282-k for the final, total time was about 3 hours. Probably could have shaved an hour but my start depth was messed up a little.

3 Likes

Iā€™m about to carve this oneā€¦

9 Likes

I made this clock on the laser. It was just a boring clock kit from target, so I designed this clock face and stained it to spice it up a bit. Took me a while to finish because Iā€™m very indecisive, but I thought it would be funny to line up the airplane with the clock hands so it looks like a propeller.

21 Likes

I just realized youā€™re Gailā€™s husband by your handle name and not sure why I just now put it together other than she just posted some of your awesome leather work on FB! Awesome job!
(I am in and out of Isisā€™ Studio)

Thank you. That would be me.

I finally got all the pieces for my table saw work stationā€¦ next up the router portion of the tableā€¦

5 Likes

Dye subā€™d two mugs using the new mug press that @CaryF300 announced on this earlier post. Oh my, it is so easy to use!! Just absolutely a delight - and it warms up super fast too.

IMG_9109a_600px

IMG_9111a_600px

14 Likes

Those look great. Iā€™m glad you broke-in the mug press. It needed some love.

2 Likes

It was a bit of an experiment. There are no work tables in there, and there isnā€™t enough empty space to set a mug on, let alone the press. I set up the press on the floor. I unplugged the big bertha press and plugged this one into its outlet (and then restored it).

2 Likes

Ok this is a black walnut wall hanging. Iā€™ve been honing my cnc skills and would love to work with others out there.

20 Likes

New ceramic bowls for the littlest Dobby.

16 Likes

I bet you could make a really cool pet food bowl themed Etsy store with all kinds of cute/intricate designs.

3 Likes

My Father-in-law has been in town, We figured we would do something for him. My wife had the idea to print him something, so I went into Fusion & designed a keychain. I did a .016ā€ fillet around the letters & outside which I think turned out ok. I wish we had thought of doing something for him sooner to be a better gift. I did think about doing one that said ā€œI went to Texas & all I got was this lousy keychainā€ but opted for his nickname.
Hot off the printer.

14 Likes

Impressive. Looks like youā€™ve honed your CNC skills to a pretty sharp edge!

1 Like

That is awesome- I had no idea what was possible on the Cncā€¦ I really want to learn how to get to your level? Did you draw the skull? It looks like a black and white comic drawing . I think itā€™s awesome - but I also lover skulls

I always thought this inlay CNC would be awesome to do

8 Likes

Thatā€™s amazing can we see the Finished product?

why are you so cool

Thanks Josh I will take that as a compliment

2 Likes