Show and Tell July 2020

I’m about to carve this one…

9 Likes

I made this clock on the laser. It was just a boring clock kit from target, so I designed this clock face and stained it to spice it up a bit. Took me a while to finish because I’m very indecisive, but I thought it would be funny to line up the airplane with the clock hands so it looks like a propeller.

21 Likes

I just realized you’re Gail’s husband by your handle name and not sure why I just now put it together other than she just posted some of your awesome leather work on FB! Awesome job!
(I am in and out of Isis’ Studio)

Thank you. That would be me.

I finally got all the pieces for my table saw work station… next up the router portion of the table…

5 Likes

Dye sub’d two mugs using the new mug press that @CaryF300 announced on this earlier post. Oh my, it is so easy to use!! Just absolutely a delight - and it warms up super fast too.

IMG_9109a_600px

IMG_9111a_600px

14 Likes

Those look great. I’m glad you broke-in the mug press. It needed some love.

2 Likes

It was a bit of an experiment. There are no work tables in there, and there isn’t enough empty space to set a mug on, let alone the press. I set up the press on the floor. I unplugged the big bertha press and plugged this one into its outlet (and then restored it).

2 Likes

Ok this is a black walnut wall hanging. I’ve been honing my cnc skills and would love to work with others out there.

20 Likes

New ceramic bowls for the littlest Dobby.

16 Likes

I bet you could make a really cool pet food bowl themed Etsy store with all kinds of cute/intricate designs.

3 Likes

My Father-in-law has been in town, We figured we would do something for him. My wife had the idea to print him something, so I went into Fusion & designed a keychain. I did a .016” fillet around the letters & outside which I think turned out ok. I wish we had thought of doing something for him sooner to be a better gift. I did think about doing one that said “I went to Texas & all I got was this lousy keychain” but opted for his nickname.
Hot off the printer.

14 Likes

Impressive. Looks like you’ve honed your CNC skills to a pretty sharp edge!

1 Like

That is awesome- I had no idea what was possible on the Cnc… I really want to learn how to get to your level? Did you draw the skull? It looks like a black and white comic drawing . I think it’s awesome - but I also lover skulls

I always thought this inlay CNC would be awesome to do

8 Likes

That’s amazing can we see the Finished product?

why are you so cool

Thanks Josh I will take that as a compliment

2 Likes

Be sure to check out the new slicker: it’ll make short work of burnishing all those edges.

I recommend you use a light touch and practice on some scrap first, but it’s a joy to use.

1 Like

I watched this video and I want to do this, I have done a few inlays, but need to get better before I spend money on that type of wood.

In the latest update of the vectric software they have reportedly improved the inlay toolpath.

1 Like