Show and Tell January 2022

Made a “Ginny Weasley” derived wand and a wand scabbard with room for a professional wand of the wife’s choice.

7 Likes

Just FYI, you can also sometimes get them for about $50-75 from local breweries. either they advertise or you can just call them. I got my last one at Rahr for $75 and it came with a case of beer.

3 Likes

Practiced my leatherworking today.

10 Likes

Haha ken never ceases to amaze, astound and shock. :heart:

1 Like

Finished a small wool rug for a friend!

15 Likes

Took a class on scrollwork for Blacksmithing. Here’s the scrollwork trivet I completed today. About 12” diameter.

20 Likes

Nice work Mike. I’m starting my blacksmithing class at Brookhaven College this Saturday. I’m excited to learn a new skill. It should be a lot of fun.

1 Like

Kelly Kring is a nice guy and a very knowledgeable instructor. I’m sure you’ll learn a lot there.

We had fun at Sue’s historical cloak pins class tonight!!

17 Likes

Yes, it was a great class. Thank you, Sue Rogers.

Last week I made a Blacksmithing hammer by modifying a store-bought hammer with an angle grinder.

This week I forged a rounding hammer from scratch. Approx. 3 lb rounding hammer from 1040ish round stock recycled from hydraulic pistons.

WIP shots:
—-

And a cautionary reminder about having “too many irons in the fire,” especially when using a very hot coke-fueled forge:

12 Likes