Show and Tell January 2021

What are the measurements of the final product? It is really well done.

8” wide by 6” deep.

Thank you.

1 Like

Added gem type rivets to my leather supplies and naturally made a ton of decorative collars for comissions.

It’s a mesh type backpack strap covered in leather, does not stretch / give as much as other materials. i’m testing out this new system to see if it goes well.

7 Likes

Very hip, “Teenage Wedding”.

I’d be happy to help.

Forged hose holder for the barn. A quick and easy afternoon project.

16 Likes

These are the latest pens I made over the last few nights.

All of this has been practice leading up to working with acrylic blanks.

9 Likes

I have an old piece of railroad iron only about 14 inches long.
It belonged to my father. I use the rail rarely . If I made a setup like this I would use it more often.

1 Like

Leather wallet, digitally designed, laser cut, hand stitched.

12 Likes

I made another 11lbs of summer sausage to take to my family’s Christmas. I made original, cheddar, jalapeño and jalapeño cheddar. We probably have consumed 3lbs of it so far.

17 Likes

My first try at mokume gane. It’s a welded pattern similar to Damascus, but in this case it is layers of copper and nickel. The donor metal on this case cost exactly $2.50 - 10 quarters.

8 Likes

can laser cut alligator?

Alligator is chrome tanned, only veg tan leather is approved for lasers. Beyond that, I’m not sure.

Tandy sells a vegtan cow leather imprinted with an alligator texture.

6 Likes

It CAN cut it but you won’t like the results.
the chromium salts tend to absorb and hold on the heat so you end up with some nasty edges. you might use it to score a cut line and then cut it by hand. cheers!

You CAN, but you MAY NOT: DMS does not allow chrome-tanned leather to be cut on the lasers due to the chromium salts becoming burned/airborne.

Full list of go-no go materials for the DMS lasers is here:

https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Laser_Cutter_Materials

3 Likes

Made some bookmatched mahogany and bloodwood side tables, each top has two different pieces of bookmatched mahogany so that they’re a mirror of the other, the supports under the top and the bottom are bloodwood.

IMG_0329 IMG_0333 IMG_0328 IMG_0330

16 Likes

Designed and printed a miniature array of painter’s pyramids (for painting small parts). Printed in resin on the Elegoo Mars, but could have just as easily been printed on the Polyprinters.

Will probably have to hold down with DS tape.

I’ve uploaded the .stl to thingiverse if you want it.

8 Likes

A few years back I modified a design for similar painters triangles, but for people working on a more 1:1 scale.

They’re pretty handy to have around.

1 Like

Hi Adam

Your help is appreciated! I previously i.m.'ed you but never heard back. I will be at DMS today. Can you swing around?