Show and Tell January 2021

Help Your Fellow Makers

We gain inspiration from our fellow makers. Post a picture or two and description of anything you are working on this month at the 'Space (or wherever) here!

It can be anything from a small craft project to a large CNC router project to building a table to 3D printing to a science experiment and so much more. Most of us never get to see the cool things people do at DMS all the time.

Posting here could inspire others to make something, helps our Public Relations team provide a look at what can be done at DMS on a blog post or other social media (with attribution to each maker of course).

:bulb: Please try to include the following on each post, to help make for richer social media content:

• a quality PHOTO
  • a notation about WHAT you have made
  • WHO you are (for attribution on the blog & other social media)
  • HOW you made it
  • and WHY
1 Like

I’ve been trying to learn basic prong setting, it’s going good so far.

22 Likes

Finally finished this framed kumiko panel. It is made from aspen, walnut, cherry, mahogany, and iroko. The frame is pine. Hope everyone has a great year!

40 Likes

Look at this Beautiful Glass! Lorenzo G. has put a lot of work into this.

19 Likes

What a beautiful enameled, flat bottle slump. Just my neck mold was used to lift the neck as a handle.

17 Likes

Lorenzo’s work is amazing! Is that the bottle from the last raku event? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Old Testament Job or current day Andy … might be a toss-up on the patience thing! Nice work Andy.

2 Likes

Yes, It was a giant bottle. It made a great plate.

1 Like

Heres a few things I made as Christmas gifts, and now that they’ve been delivered I can show them.

Edit, forgot a couple at the bottom.

22 Likes

I love that monstera leaf!!

2 Likes

thanks! I intend to make another for myself. Once I feel comfortable going to DMS again I imagine I will teach a class on doing stained glass.

9 Likes

I think that will be great!

1 Like

Beautiful work! Is the pen spalted pecan?

Thanks! Its spalted Tamarind. I find tamarind to be a little soft so I typically stabilize it first.

1 Like

I built these active studio monitors. They turned out great!

19 Likes

These are my first pens of the year.

11 Likes

Maybe need to do some more Fair Isle knitting to try out usability of new ceramic yarn bowl.

20 Likes

I watched Ross unload the kiln today and there was a yarn bowl in there, possibly that one you’re holding right there? I feel inspired to attempt making one, now, too! Hubby has promised to make me a wooden one once he gets checked out on the lathe, but honestly, can one ever have too many yarn bowls?

Beautiful work! Love the glaze texture.

1 Like

Tack så mycket:)
Yes, just came out today, Deep Firebrick glaze outside, and Ancient Jasper inside and the rim.

2 Likes