Show and Tell January 2021

Here are a couple incense burners I made. The first is a back flow burner from walnut finished with polyurethane rubbed to satin finish. The second is a vertical burner made from aluminum tube, lacquered black and then cut on the lathe. The rings follow a geometric progression.!

16 Likes

The Truck Bumper Drawer is finally operational. (Technically made most of it last week, but had to fix some mistakes this week).

Here’s a video overview:

17 Likes

First make of the year is a slim laptop bag. We’re still distancing so this was made in my home shop.

The pattern for this bag is by Tony at Dieselpunk.ro. I bought a bunch of his patterns to try and they’re pretty awesome so far.

The blue leather is a waxy deep blue from Tandy.

The cream leather is upholstery leather I got from @coloneldan when he did the sale of Gulf Stream leather.

18 Likes

Your pens are very nice. I am eyeing the pen stands. Did you make these?
Thank you!

Thanks, they are fun to make. I bought that stand from Exotic Blanks. I will be making my own but needed something quick.

Another Pulp Fiction inspired portrait. More moving parts and tones than the last one. 2 ply veneered and dyed plywoods. 12"x12".

12 Likes

These were my efforts from last night. The

7 Likes

Built this concrete and walnut bench. Tough to work with the concrete, but I’m happy with the results.

38 Likes

That’s cool!

2 Likes

$20 in laser time, and I have a 3.5ft tall eiffel tower of my very own. :grin:

20 Likes

What material and cost out of curiosity?

It’s just 1/8in 3mm mdf from home depot. I think it was $9 for a 4x8ft sheet, and I didn’t use anywhere near the whole sheet.

2 Likes

1/8th inch Baltic Birch. Not sure the laser fees. I’ve had to cut this a few times and replace pieces that didn’t work. Fully self designed. 48 rows deep, each one etched with row number. Has two plus sign rails running through it to align everything. Originally was going to finish in a satin walnut poly, but I’m really liking the two tone raw.

15 Likes

What did you use for speaker cabinets?

The speaker cabinets are my own design, made from 3/4" MDF cut on the CNC machine in the woodshop. The finish is Duratex, which is thankfully very easy.

1 Like

I have a Klipsch 2.1 THX computer speaker system. The subwoofer cabinet is particle board finished with a matte contact paper type-material that, to my knowledge, is not available. Would you be willing to re-finish this cabinet for me? It is a small project and I hate to purchase the Duratex only to have most of it go to waste.

Raku today :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Helping a friend whose getting started in Blacksmithing. Made him a stand for his railroad track anvil. Still need to put some 2x4 trim on. The frame is about 10” thick under the track, raising it up to a proper anvil height.

Mounting the RR track on end places more metal under the hammer’s blow, making it more efficient.

13 Likes

Made a few things this month. A glow in the dark coffee table. Instagram progression/make video here

And a more simple soap dish. (Lol)

16 Likes

Two new Maple bowls. I can do them now without asking for help :kissing_closed_eyes:

20 Likes