Show and Tell December 2022

This is amazing!!!

3 Likes

Numbers so you know how many you had

9 Likes

If someone ever gets tempted to build a short 30" tall x 40 inch diameter pedestal table with a hidden 20 inch leaf, might just want to find another project. This puppy was problematic from start to finish! Found a shop in Pennsylvania who could make the ornate square pedestal in white oak. They did a great job, FedEx dropped it and smashed a corner, had to ship it back, and thankfully the shop rescued it. Table slides for pedestal tables are too wide for a 20" leaf in a 40" table. Eventually figured out a 4 leg table slide set mounted upside down would work. Plus no one appears to make butterfly leaf hardware for leaves that wide, so had to find someone to weld heavy door hinges for a DIY solution. (Kudo’s to Brian Hodges at DFWFabricationShop.com for near zero warp, precision welding.) Then the oak in the leaf turned out to have a different grain structure than the balance of the top and it took wire wheel distressing to rectify that issue. Finally my magician finisher, Richard Munn of RJFinishing.com matched the faux color on the white oak table to nail the customer spec. Took a village to pull this one off!

15 Likes

I’m really enjoying doing inlays :slightly_smiling_face:

14 Likes

Lol! Time for a project class on that!..pretty please…

1 Like

My son ask me to make cutting boards as prevents for his teachers… he offered to help and did a lot of the finishing work with me… so proud of him learning soaking up knowledge like a sponge … he delivered the first of them today and will deliver the rest tomorrow…

11 Likes

Sorry I’ve made a lot this month… :blush:

I’ve even made my own board butter… I like butter it’s great on fresh baked bread… I wouldn’t try this stuff tho…

9 Likes

I’ll work on something for next month :wink:

1 Like

No worries. I love seeing your work. You’re an amazing woodworker. I also appreciate all of the suport and repair work you do for the woodshop.

I hope you have a great holiday!

1 Like

I forged some simple spiral Christmas trees from 1/8” round bar. The largest is about 6” tall.

14 Likes

My first mill project, inspired by Tim’s dice.

18 Likes

:notes:Every scrap is sacred :notes:

2 Likes

The ant SVG came from Etsy. I used vcarve to make it into a light and cut it out of clear acrylic on the lasers. Huge thank you to @SWA for teaching me how to use vcarve. :grin:

12 Likes

Just finished the second custom portafilter handle for our home espresso machine! The one in front is figured walnut and the back one is spalted maple.

14 Likes

Crochet and knitting storage box made from off cuts and wood scraps.

21 Likes

Gosh that is very pretty!

1 Like

Large families need a way to keep up with birthdays.

21 Likes

A couple more Christmas ornaments finished up just before Christmas. The marble twisted basket is forgewelded from four pieces of 1/4” mild steel square bar. The icicles are 3/8” mild steel. All started 6” long before drawing out.

11 Likes

…for a Ninja? :ninja: :–)

2 Likes

So I know you can do this on the lasers, but I prefer the deeper machined look. It is a Sign for my aunt ‘s 50th anniversary party designed in fusion360 and cut on the shapeoko3 .

20 Likes