Show and Tell August 2020

I prefer fusing glass, Stained Glass eh not my favorite thing to do. And I’m not great at it. Disregard my thick lines but I am happy my bead spider now has a home :spider:. I can cross that off the list.

By the way with the Hobby Lobby coupon of 40% off. The glass was inexpensive. Also still have enough to make another web.

11 Likes

That reminds me, I’ve started making some stained pieces. Getting my solder lines consistent is the biggest challenge so far.

16 Likes

Great job! I need to make some butterflies to brighten up the garden.
Jen always made it look so easy. I’m all thumbs at it.

2 Likes

Working on a decorative fencing sword for my son who used to fence. This is the second attempt, I’m very happy with how it turned out.

The bell guard is slumped blue denim glass with a cap of iridecant clear glass. The blade is a foil blade.
My next step will be turning a nice handle for the French grip, then working out a way to make the pommel out of glass.

9 Likes

might be a cheat, but an antique glass doorknob or drawer pull (depending on scale) might work. The drawer pulls will probably be threaded…

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Nostalgic-Warehouse-Waldorf-Crystal-1-3-8-in-Cabinet-Knob-in-Timeless-Bronze-750039/306643589

1 Like

Found in the ruins of Aperture Labs.
An original Dihydrogen Monoxide containment unit.

Made from a stainless vacuum wall flask.
Base coat of Arctic White was applied, Lasered on the Fusion for graphics and stencil. Second coat inlayed with Blackjack.
“Dirtied” the white using Acetone.
Finished with a coat of Clear Vision.

Eventually will do the blood marks using Oxblood red, but I had to call it a night since I already was at DMS too long

12 Likes

Reflecting on the nature of being a mother, and also making tea/glögg (Christmas drink) cups.

10 Likes

I didn’t do this at the space but back in early May, I broke my screen on my phone. Ive had my phone without a case for 5 years now. This is the second or 3rd time in that time that I managed to break the screen. I actually had it in my pocket as I was using a puller when I heard it snap. Since I had had any luck finding an Apple store open, I finally decided to attempt to replace my screen. I bought a used/refurb OEM screen off eBay in grade A condition.
Broken screen

No I wont fix yours. LOL

12 Likes

I was thinking the same thing! Delphi glass sells a mold for making small knobs so I could get the right color glass, I just need to be sure they are big enough for the right size hardware to thread.

Love the shape and color!

Tmix?

1 Like

Cinco Blanco with Mayco White Opal.

1 Like

Butterflies

9 Likes

I made another. Cut with Big Thunder.

15 Likes

Im not sure which is creepier the fuzzy manikin or the mask. The scales look great.

3 Likes

I made these crosses this weekend.

15 Likes

wow that looks great!!!

2 Likes

Thank you :blush:

I had a custom request for a purple and black facehugger mask. These pieces were all laser cut on Thunder. Stitching laser cut holes is SO MUCH QUICKER.

17 Likes

Elon Musk stickers came in.

4 Likes

Putting a handle on a purchased knife blade for a friend. It matches her truck :slight_smile:

Currently at the “remove all material that’s not part of a knife handle” stage. Finishing in the coming days after some supplies arrive.

13 Likes